ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Should we the fans let go of the idea of Stone Cold Steve Austin ever wrestling again?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Feb 2014, 11:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Uzoma is on a distinguished road
Default Should we the fans let go of the idea of Stone Cold Steve Austin ever wrestling again?

He's one of my favorite wrestlers of all time and he retired in 2003 after losing his final match to The Rock at WrestleMania 19 making it at least 11 years since he's retired yet there are some fans who ask when he'll ever come out of retirement to compete again, especially in a match with CM Punk. As much as I still admire Austin, I feel that his time has been over and him coming out of retirement should be let go. Do you all agree?
Uzoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2014, 11:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Dave Hytmen is on a distinguished road

People still hype Hulk Hogan, People still think ***** ****** should be in the WWE Hall Of Fame, People still think Triple H is the issue; yet "Stone Cold" Steve Austin coming back to hit the Stunner is what we should let go of?

Enthuse for Rabirr!: "Stone Cold" Steve Austin does have his Podcast.

TACOMcCail: Why is HBK on that list, since Retiring he hasn't been in an official match; much like "Stone Cold" Steve Austin has only come back for Special Guest Referee matches.
Dave Hytmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2014, 11:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Enthuse for Rabirr! is on a distinguished road

once the network goes live he should get his own "interview" show. outside of the guest ref gimmick what is there for him to do in the ring?
Enthuse for Rabirr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2014, 11:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is on a distinguished road

Yes. 2 Decades of Neck, Spinal, Leg and Back Injuries from Professional Wrestling mean that Steve would have to do a lot of training and work just for one match. What then? He said that himself in an interview last year. For those who only know about Stone Cold Steve Austin, Steve Austin put in ring time with World Class Champiohsip Wrestling, The United States Wrestlnig Association, World Championship Wrestlnig, Extreme Championship Wrestling and The World Wrestling Federation/World Wrestling Entertainment. The man paid his dues and has earned his retirement.
__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2014, 11:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

TACOMcCail is on a distinguished road

Yes. Austin will probably never wrestle again. Unlike guys like Hogan, Flair and HBK, Austin retired once he could no longer go at it 100%. He doesn't ever want to look like a has-been out there, and he never will. If he came back to face Punk, he would undoubtedly look like the old man who needs the young guy to carry him through the match. People can hate it all they want to, but Stone Cold Steve Austin is done for good.

HBK is on the list because he wrestled for a few years after it was obvious that he wasn't the old Shawn anymore. He was no longer quick, and he lost all of his sizzle. He was Old Man Michaels, not the Heart Break Kid.
TACOMcCail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2014, 11:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
MBP
Fresh Noob

MBP is on a distinguished road

I feel once a wrestler retires, they stay retired.

Some people what Shawn Michaels to wrestle again, but that would be a huge slap in the face to Undertaker

Dave Hytmen: What the hell are you talking about?
MBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2014, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

I SAID I GOT SUSPENDED!! is on a distinguished road

I was never really a fan of SCSA, he basically ripped The Sandman and Shane Douglas and turned it into Stone Cold Steve Austin.
I SAID I GOT SUSPENDED!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2014, 11:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

Heisenberg Lives is on a distinguished road

Yes Austin has enough on his plate with his 'm podcast , movies, & reality show. Austin had a great career but it's over.
Heisenberg Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2014, 11:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

De Los is on a distinguished road

No he is the greatest of this generation. We always wanna believe that austin can lace up one more time
De Los is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2014, 12:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Leland is on a distinguished road

Steve Austin is my all time favorite pro wrestler. His neck just won't let him.
Leland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2014, 12:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jobber

Real Irishman is on a distinguished road

I did a long time ago, I don't know why anyone else would expect it to happen, some people just won't let go of the past, and seem to hate on everything in the present, they should just go watch UFC or TNA if they want the attitude era back, but they complain about that shit too!
Real Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2014, 12:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Young Noob

Jack The Ripper is on a distinguished road

cm is not even in wwe even in wwe even though his contract expires until summerslam so how is stone cold even gonna face punk when steve could not last against alex riley
Jack The Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2014, 12:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Jobber

Taufik is on a distinguished road

No.

Agree.
Taufik is offline   Reply With Quote