ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Professional Wrestling: If Ring Of Honor/New Japan Pro Wrestling is Real Professional Wrestling...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Feb 2014, 12:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Dave Hytmen is on a distinguished road
Default Professional Wrestling: If Ring Of Honor/New Japan Pro Wrestling is Real Professional Wrestling...

...then why? Can't they earn enough budget to get a global Television network to support their promotions?

You know. This is the reason people ask questions like this. You people don't actually answer questions, you insult whoever asks if you feel they are some how below you on the WS pedestal and in most cases none of you actually know a damn thing. Here is an idea, answer the damn question instead of insulting me.

'It's not that difficult to figure out. WWE puts much more emphasis on promos, advertisements during their shows, gimmicks during matches, and pretty much everything they can possibly add to entertain (key word here is ENTERTAIN, you dumb f*ck) their audience. In the process they dilute their wrestling matches by cutting them short or mismatching talent who don't work well together or forcing wrestlers to adjust and damage their original styles to fit whatever gimmick they're assigned. ROH/NJPW don't have that same mentality as they give the wrestlers much more freedom to do their own thing and focus on the art of, you know...............WRESTLING.'

Would that be why most ROH/NJPW Members are generic and most of the generic wrestlers that couldn't make it in the united states become huge in NJPW; The 'Art Of Wrestling' amusing. Usually that means long drawn out matches, where budget is so bare that you can barely tell what happens when it does in a

So. You can not prove me wrong, don't have an actual argument and expect me and everybody else here to accept whatever the hell you say. Congrats, go seek attention elsewhere I don't give a damn.

No. I was calling the Wrestling Generic as well. Have you ever actually watched a lot of NJPW or ROH?
Dave Hytmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2014, 12:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

WS Champion Ryan is on a distinguished road

Because unfortunately there aren't as many "real wrestling" fans as there are "sports entertainment" fans.
WS Champion Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2014, 12:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Rocky Daye is on a distinguished road

holy sh*t. You're ignorance just smacked me in the mouth and it hurt.

It's not that difficult to figure out, f@ggot. WWE puts much more emphasis on promos, advertisements during their shows, gimmicks during matches, and pretty much everything they can possibly add to entertain (key word here is ENTERTAIN, you dumb f*ck) their audience. In the process they dilute their wrestling matches by cutting them short or mismatching talent who don't work well together or forcing wrestlers to adjust and damage their original styles to fit whatever gimmick they're assigned. ROH/NJPW don't have that same mentality as they give the wrestlers much more freedom to do their own thing and focus on the art of, you know...............WRESTLING.

My disgust for you comes from a real place as you truly are a brand new kind of stupid.

You don't get it, you moron. You're calling their personas/gimmicks generic, not their wrestling. They're huge stars in Japan because over there, the culture is different towards the wrestling. They find their entertainment much more in the WRESTLING than in anything else when they go to those kind of shows. Here in America, a majority of us value anything that can entertain us (not just the wrestling) in those type of shows. You get it? WRESTLING there, ENTERTAINMENT here. This is a battle you're not going to win. I hate to say this because it makes sound like a cocky douche (which you definitely are), but you are not my equal. You are a dumb@ss. A peon. A moron. Knock it off already.

Not as much as the average ROH/NJPW fan but I've seen enough over the years to know the style and especially understand their fan base. More importantly, I know the WWE fan base well and I know the differences between the 2 and what each will go for. You evidently don't watch as much of this as you CLAIM to (like everything else you claim to have seen), otherwise you wouldn't have posted this crazy question. But let me stop there because you calling their wrestling generic is no big deal. You're an idiot, so a statement like that coming from you makes complete sense. Just like the Sting comment, the Rikishi comment, the Shelton Benjamin comment, you copying answers from the internet, your bandwagon hopping to Brock Lesnar, your JCW flip flopping (which I have no idea about but you didn't either until AFTER you trashed them), and I could go on for days. And you truly don't understand why people attack you? Nobody can be this ignorant.
Rocky Daye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2014, 12:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

The Truth Teller is on a distinguished road

Normal/casual fans prefer the sport entertainment style of wrestling.
The Truth Teller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2014, 12:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

WS US Champion Alexander is on a distinguished road

If you can't figure this out yourself you should just wear a bike helmet at all times.
WS US Champion Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2014, 12:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Enthuse for Rabirr! is on a distinguished road

NJPW did have or still does have a dojo in Los Angeles and did a few tours in the US. As for ROH well Sinclair is being cheap......its sad to say but DAMN the HD Net days were good and better than what ROH is today. As you well know Japan is literally an island onto itself and only thinks of its domestic audience. And wasn't NJPW on the FIGHT NETWORK in Canada?

conspiracy theory #3498: CM Punk left WWE to do commentary for NJPW for its invasion into the USA market.
Enthuse for Rabirr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2014, 12:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Young Noob

Mrs Bree is on a distinguished road

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBPqksG9nbA
Mrs Bree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2014, 12:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Sanat (TCW Heel) is on a distinguished road

Pro wrestling in Japan is thought as a tradition.Pro wrestlers there are trained to fight in real life too,and the punches they do are real,so it is hard to believe it is fake.But they can not get a global tv deal because most fans in the world do not even want to watch that kind of wrestling.Vince has trained those fans to believe that the thing in WWE is the thing they should watch,others suck.That is why no fan watches that kind of show,so why will that kind of wrestling get a global tv deal.They do not have the money because that wrestling is not popular.That kind of wrestling is a mixture between hard strikes and grapples,and does not have the ads to make it popular.Generic wrestlers do not usually go there,but it is a good way to test their skills.The wrestlers in Japan are fantastic athletes.The matches in NJPW may look like overly drawn out for fans but not to me or fans of that kind of wrestling.Hope I helped.
Sanat (TCW Heel) is offline   Reply With Quote