ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Professional Wrestling: What do you think of Jim Cornette as a Professional Wrestling Promoter?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Jan 2014, 12:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Dave Hytmen is on a distinguished road
Default Professional Wrestling: What do you think of Jim Cornette as a Professional Wrestling Promoter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njzm6_LSdDw

I've heard people claim Jim Cornette is 'The best Professional Wrestling Promoter in Professional Wrestling'. Seems sorta odd to give somebody who didn't even understand the bare basics when he entered the business that title now, a Promoter who has barely made any money with any promotion he's booked for.

I've heard people claim that Jim Cornette could 'Save' Professional Wrestling in World Wrestling Entertainment and Total Nonstop Action, examples of how Jim Cornette would do that well still keeping a budget higher then your traditional Professional Wrestling show during the Territory days?
Dave Hytmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2014, 12:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Rocky Daye is on a distinguished road

Didn't understand the basics? YOU talking about someone else not understanding something? Lmao see link below please

answers.yahoo.com
Rocky Daye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2014, 12:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

steve is on a distinguished road

He wasn't the best promoter ever but Smoky Mountain Wrestling was pretty good.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2014, 12:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Karl __Machine Gun__ Anderson is on a distinguished road

Even if he wasn't the best "promoter" he was certainly one of the best heel managers of all time
Karl __Machine Gun__ Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2014, 12:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Best For Business is on a distinguished road

Well, I can tell you that he's not a "Sports Entertainment" guy. He would seem to be a better Director of Operations than Kane. Now, before I go any further, you are always going to have kayfabe in wrestling regardless of the promotion. Kayfabe is not the same thing as Sports Entertainment. Jim Cornette could explain this a hell of lot better than I could. At any rate, Cornette would be the sort of guy to make the matches matter and the stars matter again because of his old-fashioned view that a wrestling show should be a wrestling show. I strongly believe the man knows what he's talking about. I won't say that he's always right, because I wouldn't say that about anyone. It's just pretty obvious to me that he has been through the worst times in the business and still has an aura of credibility and is someone who is highly respected for that without having a real dog in the fight and a high degree of loyalty to anyone. This is because, and this is one thing Vince McMahon used to be good at, Jim Cornette actually knows what is best for business.
Best For Business is offline   Reply With Quote