ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

If John Cena's such a draw......?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

WS US Champion Alexander is on a distinguished road
Default If John Cena's such a draw......?

Why does he have to exploit sick kids and the Marines to get him over?

Is there anything more disgusting then seeing this supposed "Good Guy" using sick/Dying CHILDREN to get a pop from a crowd that hates him?

Is there anything more disgusting then seeing this supposed "Good Guy" using sick/Dying CHILDREN to get a pop from a crowd that hates him?
WS US Champion Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Demented Dwarf is on a distinguished road

I know. It's disgusting.
Demented Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

Mrs Bree is on a distinguished road

Its pretty nasty.
Mrs Bree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

KNOCKOUT132 is on a distinguished road

He has real passion for it, you can tell. He has done over 1000. Someone who is doing it to get "over" would not go that far.

Not a Cena fan and he would be lower my list of wrestlers.
KNOCKOUT132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Taufik is on a distinguished road

Because he's the face of WWE.
Taufik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Endless, Nameless is on a distinguished road

According to you (from what I understand): People are wrong to say that John Cena is a draw because he exploits sick/dying children and Marines to get over and to get pops from a crowd that hates him. If I have made a mistake in this, please let me know and I will try to correct it.

However, there are issues with this statement. You presuppose that John Cena's ability to draw is based on whether or not he uses sick/dying children and Marines to get over. If he stopped doing this, he would no longer be a draw. But are we correct in stopping at this conclusion? Why?

1) You combine the attempt to get a pop to being a draw. Any wrestler can get a pop, but not every wrestler can be a draw. A pop can be achieved pretty easily. Even guys who are low in the midcard are able to do so. Why shouldn't John Cena be able to as well? In fact, he can and does so regularly without the need to constantly exploits the children and military.

2) We also need to understand that regardless of the polarizing chants, John Cena is already over and thus the face of the company. Knowing this, we can safely say that not everyone hates John Cena and would initially see him as a good guy for supporting the military and making children happy. A wrestler that is already over and a draw is perfectly justified in trying to get a pop. Most wrestlers are.

"If John Cena's is a such a draw then why does he have to exploit sick kids and the Marines to get over?" That alone is full of issues in itself. Perhaps if you rephrased it I could understand it better.

Anyways, in what way does he exploit them? To make himself look like the good guy right? But why shouldn't he be able to do so when his actions are that of a good guy?

Let's say that the kids he helps are pretty damn happy that they got to meet John Cena and the Marines are happy with him too, has he harmed them in any form or benefited from them without giving anything in return? If not, both sides have gained something and it seems that there is no reason to think badly of Cena for mentioning this stuff, in fact, we would think good of him. But this points out another question, should he be using this sort of stuff to make himself look good? This depends on the manner of HOW he talks about it. I cannot think of a single time that Cena talks about his altruism in an arrogant manner or in a way that debases the very things he supports or cares about.

TL;DR version: You don't explain the connection between being over/getting a pop/being a draw so your question and its description falls into contradiction. You also do not articulate the way he exploits these things. Both sides gain something good from it, so what is the problem? I can't think of a single time Cena uses his philanthropy in a self-conceited or arrogant manner.
Endless, Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Joseph is on a distinguished road

He actually is not a big draw anymore, and has not been for a few years. How many people can say they watch the shows and buy the PPVs to see him? Not many or there would not be so many people booing him every night. Listen to the fans and you would realize that most of the fans come to see Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. So, technically, they are the draws.
Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote