ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Does anyone have any issues with Batista winning the Royal Rumble?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Madison 3:16 Anderson Rhodes is on a distinguished road
Default Does anyone have any issues with Batista winning the Royal Rumble?

I understand that Batista isn't a major fan favorite. I get it, he's old, worn out, and wasn't the best in general. I get it, but I also get that he DID do really well when he was in his prime. I do understand that he was a hard worker, and I do get that he REALLY did have A LOT of fan support, love, and they asked for him/wanted him.

Personally, Batista was always one of my favorites. I was a fan of his from the beginning and I REALLY missed him. I was very upset that the Batista Era was over. I know he's been acting and doing other things in life...so I honestly really thought I'd never see the day when he came back on the active roster as a Wrestler (not commentator, not special guest ref), but as a guy who was put into matches and really getting back into the ring.

I am very happy that he is back and getting one more chance at everything. The WWE never really had ANY issues with him. He never got arrested, he was never a repeat offender in a bad way of anything negative, and he did his job. He went to work, worked hard, and I think deserves this chance.

It's not every day when a fan favorite is able to come back in the way he is. I am enjoying it and really want him to have this before he is gone for good.

WHY is this such a problem or issue to some people (one of which is CM Punk)...or so they say.

QUESTION: Do you think that older wrestlers SHOULD get this comeback and should get to be Champion again in the way Batista (and many before him) have done?
Madison 3:16 Anderson Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

I SAID I GOT SUSPENDED!! is on a distinguished road

I have no problem with Batista being used as a special attraction.

I have a problem with:

Daniel Bryan's momentum being shoved to the side just to hand Batista the world title.

Possible great matches with Brock Lesnar being shoved to the side just to give Batista the world title.

Roman Reigns' face turn being shoved to the side just to give Batista the world title.
I SAID I GOT SUSPENDED!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Endless, Nameless is on a distinguished road

Many people are upset with it is because they felt Daniel Bryan deserved this shot. They believe that Daniel Bryan had the chance to grow even more and have a chance to main event Wrestlemania because he's been working really hard during 2013 and established himself as a main event guy. Then a guy like Batista shows up and basically steals Daniel Bryan's thunder. A lot of people think that he was cheated.

I personally think it was a bad decision. Batista didn't need that win. He could've had a great match at Wrestlemania without the need to win the rumble and potentially the title. How is WWE suppose to build future superstars if they keep halting their momentum? Batista returning was fine, it's what he did after returning is what really bothered most people.

QUESTION: Rarely and even then it ought to be done in a way that benefits everyone especially the full-time roster.
Endless, Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
You are beneath me

Crimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock's

I don't care anymore.
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

?Jim Cornette Comedian Fan? is on a distinguished road

I understand what you're saying too.

I respect Batista a lot, he is one of my more likeable characters in wrestling. The problem isn't that people dislike Batista, it is the fact that part timers are taking the main spotlight at Wrestlemania and younger talent is getting buried because of it. (This is what CM Punk is extremely pissed about).

The Royal Rumble has always been a tradition to put younger talent over at Wrestlemania. A lot of people were mad about Batista winning because he took something that was suppose to belong to Daniel Bryan or CM Punk. More importantly, Batista didn't need it. Batista had always been a megastar and he did not need the Royal Rumble win this year. I don't mind seeing these part timers coming back, the problem I have (along with majority of wrestling fans) is when they take the spotlight for themselves at Wrestlemania. This prevents so much young talent from becoming big in the business. The worst thign about it is 5 years from now when they can't bring back part timers, they will have wasted all this time booking mega matches when they could have been working on younger talent like Bryan, Punk, Ziggler, Del-Rio etc.

Hopefully WWE does come to their senses and treats their young full time roster properly.

Question: I don't mind part timers coming back, but they have no need to win the Rumble or take all the spotlight at Wrestlemania. I'd rather prefer to see part timers come back throughout the year rather than just Wrestlemania season. It'd make the product a lot more interesting and it one part timer at a paperview is very acceptable to me. Having someone like (for example) The Rock come back and have feuds throughout May-July would be a good business move. Younger talent faces him, it does not bury other people and Mania would be better set for younger guys and the company wouldn't have to rely on part timers like they are doing now.
?Jim Cornette Comedian Fan? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Joseph is on a distinguished road

I have no problem with him returning, but he had no right to win the Rumble. He should of earned the spot instead of taking it away from someone that has been working their butts off while he ran away trying to become a movie star and MMA fighter..and failing. So, older wrestlers can come back to help the business, but only if they are willing to put over younger talent the way Chris Jericho does when he comes back.
Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2014, 11:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Taufik is on a distinguished road

No.
Taufik is offline   Reply With Quote