ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Is Vince McMahon really going to get rid of the whole face/heel thing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Jan 2014, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.David is a god damn rich cunt.
Default Is Vince McMahon really going to get rid of the whole face/heel thing?

I so you think it will be as good as UFC and boxing?
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2014, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Enthuse for Rabirr! is on a distinguished road

boxing is dead. Mayweather is the only star and his career is almost over.
Enthuse for Rabirr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2014, 07:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

I Love Ashley Massaro is on a distinguished road

I hope so.

Boxing is dead. it's nothing without muhammad ali
I Love Ashley Massaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2014, 07:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Frosty [RAW] is on a distinguished road

You DO realise that heel/face is what pro wrestling is built on right? Bringing WWE closer to UFC or boxing will be totally killing off any "pro wrestling" aspect of the company.
Frosty [RAW] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2014, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Endless, Nameless is on a distinguished road

I don't know. He may try it out with midcard wrestlers and see how it works, if it succeeds he may apply it to main event superstars. If it won't then he obviously will disregard the idea. It's pretty edgy, given the fact that pro wrestling dealt around the entire concept of good vs. evil.

It MAY work, who knows. A lot of people thought larger than life gimmicks and an entertainment-oriented wrestling company was going to fail, but lo and behold the WWE today. I think fans will make still continue to make distinctions and cheer for certain wrestlers despite what they do (assuming Vince puts this idea into motion). I remember a Raw or two before WM29 when CM Punk poured Paul Bearer's ashes on the Undertaker, there were split CM Punk/Undertaker chants. Something like that.

It sounds like a good idea but perhaps it won't work. Or might. I don't know, but I am curious to see what it would be like.
Endless, Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jan 2014, 07:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Destafa is on a distinguished road

Vince McMahon(and the WWE Universe) with the help of the last two years of WCW exposed the business and nearly ruined it and getting rid of heel and face storylines is impossible. Vince and the WWE Universe can not re-write the formula that created this business no matter how much pull, and libraies of other promtions that has bought out.

The more hear and see what the WWE has become, the more I am turned off by the new WWE Network.

That's why I only watch Pro Wrestling from promotion overseas, promotions under the NWA, other independent promotions like EVLOVE, Dragon Gate USA, Pro Wrestliing From Hollywood, and the #2 and #3 Pro Wrestling Promotions in the United States (#2 Total Non-Stop Action and #3 Ring Of Honor).
Destafa is offline   Reply With Quote