ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Hypothetically, Lets Say That Ryback Turned Into A Face .. !?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jan 2014, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

FT9! is on a distinguished road
Default Hypothetically, Lets Say That Ryback Turned Into A Face .. !?

Do You Think WWE Fans Would Start Chanting 'Feed Me More' Again,

As Much As I Love Those Chants, I Hope They Don't,

If You're Not Going To Cheer Him When He Is A Heel, Don't Cheer Him When He Is A Face ..

Dave Hytmen, Why Do You Keep Repeating Yourself,

I Understood You The First Time ..

@ Endless Nameless,

Because WWE Fans Went From Chanting 'Feed Me More' To 'You Can't Wrestle' To Ryback, That Is Not A Real Fan,

I'd Rather Ryback Has Less Fans Than Fake Fans ..
FT9! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2014, 10:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Ryan-TCW World Carnage Champion is on a distinguished road

They wouldn't cheer nearly as much as they used to.
Ryan-TCW World Carnage Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2014, 10:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

WrestlingBoy is on a distinguished road

Hopefully, he would start winning again like back when he first came.
WrestlingBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2014, 10:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Enthuse for Rabirr! is on a distinguished road

he's gonna get fired in 3 months....
Enthuse for Rabirr! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2014, 11:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Dave Hytmen is on a distinguished road

You are really cheering for a guy that was originally known as "The Big Hungry" and has a chant that says "Feed Me More". Ryback's Theme is about the only Unique factor about him, he's just another big guy. Just like Bill Goldberg. If he does leave World Wrestling Entertainment I hope he doesn't think Total Nonstop Action will help him, they'd feed him to EC3 or Samuel Shaw.

He's screwed up everything else, he's injured a lot of the people that they've put him against; he couldn't even Bully Hornswaggle realistically.... Ryback had Wrestling Ability in Tough Enough, I thought it was a shame people claimed he was just Bill Goldberg again. Except, apparently all that Wrestling Ability went out the window because now he can't do anything without screwing it up in the ring. Which is why World Wrestling Entertainment has him walking around the ring and in tag-team matches with Curtis Axel another failed Experiment for the Main Event spot. Guess shoving somebody down our throats does not a main event make. You'd think they'd learn that with The Great Khali.

Endless, Nameless: WE THE PEOPLE!
Dave Hytmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2014, 11:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Noob

Mrs Bree is on a distinguished road

Probably not
Mrs Bree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2014, 11:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

Endless, Nameless is on a distinguished road

Probably. Fans like chanting in general, despite what it means. You have people chanting, "We the People!" on a weekly basis yet the Real Americans are heels and their gimmick is obviously very xenophobic so it wouldn't surprise me if they do chant that again if Ryback were to turn face.

EDIT: "If You're Not Going To Cheer Him When He Is A Heel, Don't Cheer Him When He Is A Face .."

That's an interesting view point, why do you think this?

EDIT2: What does it mean to be a fake fan? And who says the people booing him are 'fake' fans? People suspend their disbelief because it seems that it's the most reasonable thing to do. I can't think of many instances where people purposely cheer for a heel, especially a heel such as Ryback considering everything he's done. You can like a guy for who they are, but boo him as if you weren't on the basis of our suspension of disbelief.

It seems we make two different distinctions:

-Our interior feelings towards a wrestler.

-Our outward expression towards a wrestler.

Using this we apply suspension of disbelief (SOD).

- Booing a wrestler with SOD doesn't mean you're a fake fan based on your outward expression of a wrestler because you're just 'going along with the show.'

-Booing a wrestler WITHOUT SOD means your interior feelings toward a wrestler is based on something else. Perhaps you dislike how they talk, how they wrestle, etc.

Change is another to keep in mind. HOW we change our feelings toward a wrestler is an entirely different thing.

You're basically saying that our interior feelings shouldn't change based on SOD (I assume). So the opposite is what you claim is what being a 'fake' fan is (even though that term is still up for debate).

Lastly there are two things to bear in mind: The people are susceptible to this sort of thinking and whether people ACTUALLY feel this way.

Most teenagers and adults don't let SOD change their interior feelings towards how a wrestler really is although it does happen, but perhaps this form of thinking is mostly found in children who don't really question the nature of turning face or heel.

Finally, just because the WWE Universe boos him when they use to cheer for him, this probably means that they're just going along with the show. In that case, it's hard to check how people truly feel about him but chances are that it's just based on SOD. Whether Ryback truly sucks or not is something else.
Endless, Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2014, 11:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Young Noob

Marcus ? (T.C.W) is on a distinguished road

Hell yes they will ...TRUST ME!

But right now let all the ryback hater's enjoy their moment

Because soon things are gonna change

Once he turns face.....We gonna see "D" Riders join in

with the true ryback fans

WATCH!
Marcus ? (T.C.W) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2014, 11:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
You are beneath me

Crimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock'sCrimson is the dog's bollock's

If they do I doubt they would be loud like the first time they chanted Fed Me More.