ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What do you think was Michael McGillicutty's reaction when Curtis Axel got pinned yet again?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jan 2014, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

? ElPresador? is on a distinguished road
Default What do you think was Michael McGillicutty's reaction when Curtis Axel got pinned yet again?

What do you think was Michael McGillicutty's reaction when Curtis Axel got pinned yet again?
? ElPresador? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2014, 09:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

*HG* is on a distinguished road

He probably said well he's doing better than i am.
*HG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2014, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Endless, Nameless is on a distinguished road

One would say that they are the same person so it should follow that this question is nonsense, but is it really? Why are they the same person? Why is Michael McGillicutty the same person as Curtis Axel?

1) Having the same body doesn't mean you're the same person. If your mind was somehow changed from your physical body into that or a robot, you would still be you. We think of having the same body as being the same person over time but this isn't the case. We just believe so because that's how we perceive it.

2) Using (1) to work from, one may argue that they have the same mind or personal identity which is when things get tricky. Personal identity changes. My personal identity is no longer the same as when I was an infant. New mind should mean new person, right?

3) Well perhaps there is something enduring throughout the life of someone. Memories, skills, habits, etc. but all of these can too change. i.e. Michael/Curtis getting clothes lined so bad by Roidback that he forgets everything about who he originally was.

4) For the sake of the argument, let's assume Axel remembers when he was McGillicutty, are they still the same people and thus should have the same reaction? There are two things to bear in mind.

4a) Causality. Michael McGillicutty was a past personal identity so how could this person have any opinion of Curtis Axel if McGillicutty no longer exists? The answer would seem that MM no longer has a reaction because he is unable to do so.

4b) Since the time-span for McGillitcutty and Axel are so close and the self has changed very little, it seems that they are still the same person although this is just an illusion. In this case the answer might SEEM that their reaction would be the same. Although we can't know of this reaction.

Probably upset since most WWE Superstars don't like losing anyways.
Endless, Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote