ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Experience help with wrestling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Jan 2014, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Dylan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Dylan
Default Experience help with wrestling?

I'm a wrestler for the school, I am often put up against other kids with more experience than me and I lose once I had a match up against state champion! I lost..... But I wanted to know if I wrestled for my town if I would be put up against kids with same or higher experience than me? Because when I wrestle someone my level I usually win and rarely lose please help it's only my first month!
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2014, 10:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Andrew M is on a distinguished road

Dylan

I know losing sucks. But you should want to wrestle the best kids you can. It will make you better. My son wrestles and he was killing kids in seventh and eighth grade because he is a big athletic kid and all of his competition was NOT. Now that he is in high school he is getting crushed by older more experienced wrestlers. As a freshman in the 220 weight class he has wrestled nobody younger than a junior on the varsity teams. Have someone video tape your matches so you can see what you and your opponent are doing, it will help you learn from losses and grow from wins. My son just won his first varsity match because of this practice. We watch his videos and review what he could have done. Confidence is a huge part of successful wrestlers! Keep your head up and always believe in your ability to win.
Andrew M is offline   Reply With Quote