ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Is it bad to quit my high school wrestling team cause of this?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Dec 2013, 06:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Israel is on a distinguished road
Default Is it bad to quit my high school wrestling team cause of this?

So I talked to my coach that I'm "quitting" because of college stuff I've been pushing back and slacking on? Im a senior in high school and also a first year wrestler. I'm really stressing cause this is the point in senior year were I gotta make or break with my college stuff(applications,scholarships,where I might apply) and overall the best fit for my future. I have learned to like wrestling a lot more but I've been slacking on college stuff and now I'm stressing that wrestlings keeping me back from it. Also stressing from wrestling cause I'm always nervous about my matches every week. Being a wrestler I learned so much life skills but I think I got to do what's best for my future. I will miss my coaches and teammates, we're like family but I think this is the best decision for me.
Israel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2013, 06:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

funny_girl is on a distinguished road

You need to do what is best for you. I know that sounds like a cop out answer, but it's true. If you can take just a little time or a couple of hours and clear your mind of everything, the best decision for you will come to you.

It sounds like you would rather concentrate on college and your future-which is an excellent thing. You sound really mature and together for your age. I am mother of a high school son who loves sports so I think I can offer just a little advice.

It is not 'bad' to quit your high school wrestling team because you want to concentrate on your future. Your friends and team may not understand that completely, but later on they will.

Good luck.
funny_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2013, 06:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Eagles52088 is on a distinguished road

You sound scared that you're just looking for an excuse to quit wrestling. Man up and make the time for both. High school is the only time you'll actually have time for the rest of your life. If you can't manage your time now good luck working 40 hours a week, staying in shape, cooking dinner, and running errands. Man up and make the time before everyone calls you a lil bitch for quitting.
Eagles52088 is offline   Reply With Quote