ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

How to get muscular and strong for wrestling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Dec 2013, 08:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

tommyu is on a distinguished road
Default How to get muscular and strong for wrestling?

I'm 16 and I am an underweight boy and look so thin

I have about 110 pounds of weights at home and have bench

How can I gain muscle and strength if I wanna start wrestling?
tommyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2013, 08:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Emliy is on a distinguished road

Hi, if you want some useful tips, you can search How to videos, or google articles/ebooks about muscle fitness. Just make sure that it is safe and properly executed step by step. Be on the look out for scams and illegal sites who are asking for money to join their program. You're from Canada, so you probably know GSP, in his youtube channel, he teaches and explain different techniques on how to become a great wrestle like himself. Check it out. Hope this helps.

- Emily
Emliy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2013, 08:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

Im Sam132 is on a distinguished road

Well first Eat. Seriously Eat. You said that your underweight. So what 110pounds. You can't get muscle if you don't have any fat to build off of.If you are one of those people who eat alot but dont gain weight. Eat more. If you think you eat alot you just have to eat more. After you gain some pounds then you can lift. If you workout right now you wont get a single muscle.
Im Sam132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2013, 08:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is on a distinguished road

Play Sports, watch your diet and work out.
__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Dec 2013, 08:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

John Cena Fan 4 LiFe is on a distinguished road

1. Drink meal replacement shakes - meal replacement shakes were originally developed for cancer patients. they were consumed because they were predigested, and "nutrient dense". they are loaded with vitamins and minerals, high protein blend, are just enough carbohydrates to keep up energy levels. these are perfect for wrestlers who are dropping weight to move down to a lower weight class. they are low in calories, yet have the nutritional values that are so important to maintain or build strength. try to consume 2 or 3 per day if your cutting weight.

2. Do not starve yourself - wrestlers are notorious for cutting weight by not eating, then dehydrating. let me explain what happens to your body when you decide to do this in order to make weight each week. when you take in too few calories to maintain your body weight, the body goes into a defense mechanism. sure, the scale will show that you are indeed losing weight. but the body determines that it is being starved, and as a means to protect itself from starving, it will hold onto body fat, and start breaking down muscle tissue for energy. you will wind up losing SOME body fat, plus muscle and water. so you make weight, but your not as strong due to less muscle on your body. if you have to make weight, plan ahead, and try to lose body fat, not muscle.

3. Train your wrestling muscles - when creating a workout program for wrestling you must first consider the muscles that you use in wrestling in order of importance. these are the glutes, hips and lower back (the posterior chain muscles), then the quadriceps, chest, shoulders, arms, hands, and neck. i recommend that you perform a full body strength routine, you still want to work the entire body thoroughly, but prioritize the wrestling muscles first.

4. Strength train every 4-5 days - during the wrestling season your goal during the season is to atleast keep up your strength levels, with the best case scenario being strength gains as the season progresses. in order to accomplish this you want to strength train frequently enough, but not so much that your constantly breaking your body down. for the in-season, try to hit a full body workout on a schedule like this: week 1 - Monday and Friday, week 2 - Wednesday. then repeat. this means that one week you perform 2 full body strength workouts, and the next week you perform one full body strength workout. alternate these weeks throughout the wrestling season.

5. Progressive Resistance - remember to always strive to do atleast one more repetition or the same amount of repetitions with a little more weight as often as possible. your muscles quickly adapt, and you need to force them to become stronger. strive for a 5% strength gain on each exercise per month. if your really cutting alot of weight this season, you may not beable to gain strength because the body needs a surplus of calories from food in order to feed the muscle. atleast, try to maintain your strength by keeping the same weight on each exercise throughout the season.
John Cena Fan 4 LiFe is offline   Reply With Quote