ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

DO you think John Cena buries other superstars?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2013, 02:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

ArmbarProdigy is on a distinguished road
Default DO you think John Cena buries other superstars?

I personally do. I don't think he does it intentionally, just that his pressence alone overcome others. No one can touch him in terms of popularity. This is why I think the reason CM Punk 2011 push didn't live up to the potential. Personally I think that Cena being injured has given new superstars like DB and Punk a chance to be the NEW face of the WWE.

The same thing happened with Austin in 98. He was so popular that nobody could've touched him in terms of popularity. Then he gets injured for a year and The Rock became insanely popular.
ArmbarProdigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2013, 02:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Leo
Fresh Noob

Leo is on a distinguished road

Agreed. Lets hope he stays injured, never liked him. Overrated.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2013, 02:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

I SAID!! is on a distinguished road

I actually saw the second episode of Total Divas two days ago. Cena showing off his huge mansion and car collection to Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella sorta seemed to me as if Cena suffers from a superiority complex.

Having a superiority complex makes you do things that are really not that rational because all you want to do is prove to everyone that you are better.
I SAID!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2013, 02:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

Paul Heyman Guy? is on a distinguished road

He's popular only among kids and some casual fans.
Paul Heyman Guy? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2013, 02:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

qwertyuiop is on a distinguished road

His dramatic comebacks are a form of short-term burials. You know the drill, get your butt kicked for 20 minutes, and then as soon as your opponent misses a leg drop or a clothesline, go right into the "Five Moves Of Doom" and win the match. Essentially, he is no-selling his opponent's offense. Once or twice I can ignore, but he does this in virtually every match.
qwertyuiop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2013, 02:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

FlexyRexy83 is on a distinguished road

Do you think cats meow? Is grass green? Of course Cena buries talent. Much like Triple H and Hogan before him, John Cena gets down on his knees and polishes Vince's knob. And in return he gets that golden shovel so he can bury superstars way more talented than him.
FlexyRexy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2013, 02:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Kishore Kumar is on a distinguished road

Yes, John Cena is very popular among kids.
Kishore Kumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2013, 02:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

John Cena Fan 4 LiFe is on a distinguished road

No. wrestling is scripted, so Cena does not bury other superstars.
John Cena Fan 4 LiFe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2013, 02:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

REAL American is on a distinguished road

I think he does too, it is a little bit of both I think, there is that pressence of his you speak of, but I think he has a giant ego too, even in his promos he seems to be judging certain superstars a bit harshly, I don't know if it is intentional, but I don't think it is good for business!
REAL American is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2013, 02:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Xtremenator1 is on a distinguished road

Every top star of every company buries talent. People just focus in on guys like Triple H just because its a running joke. The Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker (he's buried like 20+ people at Mania alone), Hulk Hogan, Sting, Aj Styles, Samoa Joe, EVERYONE BURIES. When your a top guy in a company, your not going to lose to random mid carders because it isn't best for business. So when you see the "WWE Champion" Randy Orton beating guys like Ziggler, Rhodes, Cesaro, Barrett, whomever you want to include in that, it only makes sense. He's the WWE Champion, he's SUPPOSED to be beat everyone. Smh.
Xtremenator1 is offline   Reply With Quote