ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Could WWE's current roster produce edgier product?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jul 2013, 10:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

Welfare William is on a distinguished road
Default Could WWE's current roster produce edgier product?

Monday Night Raw has gotten progressively edgier since Money In The Bank. But it's pretty much all been from one guy, CM Punk. Yeah, John Cena cursed a few times during the SS contract signing. But nothing compared to the things Punk has been saying. The question is, could the whole roster handle TV-14 programming?
Welfare William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2013, 10:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Radius is on a distinguished road

it would be cool but it's pg so its turned down
Radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2013, 10:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

PrimeTimeCharles is on a distinguished road

I feel like teams like The Prime Time Players could've found so much success if they were around during the Attitude Era. They can't express all the edginess they have because they aren't used on television right. As for the whole roster, I believe it produce can produce an edgier product. But, characters like John Cena would not fit in TV-14 programming. People like Ziggler, Punk, Orton, and The Shield would fit well.
PrimeTimeCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2013, 10:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Oto
Fresh Noob

Oto is on a distinguished road

WWE is pushing it's way out of the WWE and soon enough WWE is supposed to be, being handed down to Paul Levesque (Triple H) who has been managing NXT for quite some-time and has made an impact within it's roster already.
Oto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2013, 10:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Brad B. No. 5 is on a distinguished road

"Edgy" is what got John Cena over initially with the freestyle "Doctor of Thuganomics" schtick. Once he got "big", they told him to tone that down and Cena became a colossal bore.

I'd just at least like him to go back "oldschool", even if the whole roster didn't go "PG-14". If he's gonna be in the main event scene so much, at least let him do what got him to the dance. The kids and idiots who ensure his current popularity could be sold on almost anyone who wins a bunch of scripted matches. He lacks mass appeal including appeal to many serious adult male fans.

I like "edgy", but I can dig PG characters and storylines, too, if they can do it without being lame. I don't see why the current roster couldn't "handle" being edgier. I'd be all for it. The "Attitude era" was one of my faves.
Brad B. No. 5 is offline   Reply With Quote