ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Remember when people would say Daniel Bryan reminded them of Chris Benoit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Jul 2013, 04:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Chris is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Chris
Default Remember when people would say Daniel Bryan reminded them of Chris Benoit?

Does he still runs you of him? I had forgotten all about that until tonight. He got so much TV time I realized how much his yes-lock looks like Chris Benoit's cross face. Your thoughts? Do you think Daniel Bryan will be as successful as Chris Benoit was? If not, more? And please don't mention anything about Benoit's death, this question is about his wrestling abilities and his time with WWE.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2013, 04:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Americanista *JC* is on a distinguished road

Daniel Bryan has similar Wrestling skills as Chris Benoit. Very similar. The "Yes Lock" is basically the "Crippler Crossface", and Bryan does the flying headbutt Benoit used to do. Benoit just did it a little better. The way Benoit did the Crippler Crossface was very unique and it looked more painful.

I think Bryan can become even more successful then Chris Benoit ever was. Benoit accomplished a lot with the WWE but just look at what Bryan has done already. He is a former WWE Champion already. Lets not forget the incredible fan reaction he gets when his music hits. Fans love Daniel Bryan. He is not even half way done with his WWE Career. Bryan is still young and if the WWE fans keep cheering for him like crazy then i expect the WWE to push him even more. Well see Bryan more in the Main Event if he keeps it up.
Americanista *JC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2013, 04:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

kevin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to kevin

Yep. And Bryan does more than just the Chris Benoit's former cross-face (diving head-butt, diving outside the ring).
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2013, 04:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Brock Lesnar is on a distinguished road

benoit was great unlike this lil,hairy,yes/no guy...pls dont compare a great wrestler to a pg era joke
Brock Lesnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2013, 04:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

YBG [Ruff Rydaz] is on a distinguished road

Aside from his finisher they are nothing alike. I think Daniel Bryan right now is over with the fans the most out of anyone so yes he can achieve as much as Benoit did. If Cena buries him with his golden shovel which we all know then im not sure what WWE is going to do with him.
YBG [Ruff Rydaz] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2013, 04:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Chris Benoit 4 Life! is on a distinguished road

He uses his "Yes Lock" like the Crippler Crossface and does The Flying Headbutt, to.

He's a rising star, for sure.. But nobody will EVER be Chris Benoit..
Chris Benoit 4 Life! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2013, 04:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Young Noob

noname is on a distinguished road

Both of them small, both of them use the diving headbutt, same finisher, great in-ring ability... WWE wants to pay tribute to Benoit because he's one of the greatest superstars of all time, but they don't wanna get in trouble, so they created Daniel Bryan.
noname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2013, 04:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

REAL American is on a distinguished road

Yes I do, I'm not sure why people stop making that comparison, he does use the Crossface, and the flying headbutt, I'm sure there are other moves he uses that Benoit used too!

The thing with Daniel Bryan, I could see him becoming more successful, this guy is comfortable on camera, comfortable on the mic, comfortable interacting with the crowd, WWE has a good wellness policy in place too, so there isn't any chance that Daniel Bryan is going to get hooked on steroids or any that bad stuff that Benoit was doing!

Wrestling wise, he is so much like Benoit, but Daniel Bryan really shows his personality a lot more, and seems to be more open to the public as a person, I don't think we will be seeing any shocking stories of him going crazy!

Benoit was such the quiet type, people didn't know what was going on with him, I think it took everyone by surprise what he did, I also think it led to WWE not giving him that full push that Daniel Bryan might get!
REAL American is offline   Reply With Quote