ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Was it fair for the Rock to come back and end CM Punks epic title reign?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Jul 2013, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

RIP Andrew Martin is on a distinguished road
Default Was it fair for the Rock to come back and end CM Punks epic title reign?

Im two sided on this. One one hand I have always been a huge Rock fan. Not a Dwayne Johnson the actor but the most electrifying man in sports entertainment. I was ecstatic when he came back and was stoked when he said he would get a title shot at the Royal Rumble. I though after everything he did for the business he deserved to get one whenever he wanted and was looking forward to another title reign. But then CM Punk had a historic 434 reign as champion and in my opinion he proved he was the best in the world by busting his ass all year! It seemed like they were going somewhere epic with him only to lose the title so Cena could get his stupid redemption and get the title. Im glad Rock got to be champ again but sux it had to be Punk he took it from. Punk deserved better. Rock was the reason I watched it then. Punk is the reason I watch it now!
RIP Andrew Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2013, 10:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

What_s in a name is on a distinguished road

If you talk about fairness, it was not fair for Punk to cling to the title for 434 days and kill the potential future face of the company in Ryback in the process
What_s in a name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2013, 10:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

steve is on a distinguished road

It was just as fair as Punk ending Del Rio's 49 day reign. Punk wouldn't have held the belt that long if the writers didn't want him to. In fact Punk would have never ever held it at all if he wasn't scripted to win it.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2013, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Brock Lesnar is on a distinguished road

if it weren't for the rock to win than ryback wouldv'e been beat him at hell in a cell or if he gets this win than he was surely going to lose at night of champions to cena it was really fair for punk to get lose to the rock than to cena and ryback..

And yeah the tittle reign for punk was unfair to be frank he didnt deserve that tittle reign.
Brock Lesnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2013, 10:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

?l??l?? is on a distinguished road

Absolutely unfair, I think Punk should have carried the belt to wrestlemania 29 and have a main event match, plus Rock and Cena didn't need the belt, it wasnt even about the title in their fued.

And Rock barely showed up as champion, if CM Punk was going to lose the title it should have been to someone who deserved it. But its done now.
?l??l?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2013, 10:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

CM Punk is on a distinguished road

That was pretty much expected to happen since Rock Vs Cena at WM meant money for WWE, but what really pissed me off was how WWE booked the match and ended the epic title reign by just a single stupid People's Elbow.

What would Vince do next, break The Undertakers streak by Ben Stiller by a High Five!!
CM Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2013, 10:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Max
Jobber

Max is on a distinguished road

First, CM Punk was not even supposed to keep the title that long, in Hell in a Cell, Ryback got screwed by Maddox, at Survivor Series Ryback got screwed by The Shield, at Raw 1000, big show knocked cena out and Punk still couldn't win, but Cena got screwed by Big Show, even at Royal Rumble, The Shield cost Rock the match, but it got restarted then, that's why Rock won. But way before that, I don't remember which PPV, when Cena and Punk fought for the Undisputed WWE championship and Triple H was guest reff, John Cena's foot was CLEARLY under the rope but Triple H still counted and Punk won, so in my opinion, Punk's whole title reign was just fake, he didn't deserve ALL his wins when he HEEL. But it's still unfair to make The Rock come back and get a title shot out of now where, there are some others who deserved that spot. And look what happened after Wrestlemania, The rock disappeared just like he always does, he never cared about the WWE. But Cena really deserved it, for 10 years he has been working his @ss off, he always participates in Make a wish, he cares about the WWE Universe and some people hate him because they know that their favourite wrestler will never accomplish what Cena did
Old 21 Jul 2013, 10:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Best In The World! is on a distinguished road

Totally unfair. Rock didn't even show up that much after he won it. Part timers shouldn't have titles.
Best In The World! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2013, 10:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

Salman Ugas is on a distinguished road

I used to love The rock, the old one was my 2nd fav wrestler of all time but when he came back and basically harrased Punk like that I couldn't even mention his name since. Punk earned his 434 days and in my opinion that wasn't enough but even if it was, The Rock was the last guy on the roster who deserved the right to end it. After that I liked Punk over Rock. That was absoloutely unfair.
Salman Ugas is offline   Reply With Quote