ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why does everyone hate John Cena?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Apr 2013, 07:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Mohammed is on a distinguished road
Default Why does everyone hate John Cena?

Why they also booo him?
Mohammed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2013, 07:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

hellknight superbad is on a distinguished road

I do not know! I have not watched wrestle-mania for almost 2 years. He used to be my favorite wrestler.
hellknight superbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2013, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Sasawas? is on a distinguished road

I don't think they hate him as much as they hate the gimmick. You have to respect the man for all he does. He loves wrestling and he loves the fans. People are tired of him always winning, always burying people, never putting anyone over. Not changing his gimmick. He always gets portrayed as the underdog. Kids love him, some adults do too. But he represents the PG Era and that's another reason people don't like him. I respect him, not "SuperCena"
Sasawas? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2013, 07:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Philip J. Fry is on a distinguished road

they love the rock
Philip J. Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2013, 07:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Gunnar is on a distinguished road

It Just that everybody doesnt like his whole attitude and image. Another thing is that many people are The Rock fans and when John Cena beat the rock, many people were not pleased.
Gunnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2013, 07:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

steve is on a distinguished road

He sucks.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2013, 08:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

TACOMcCail is on a distinguished road

There are many reasons. Part of it is that fans just boo Cena out of habit and part of it is that they don't like his character and part of it is that they are just sick of him. One can only stay on top for so long before they get boring.

I think WWE did Cena a disservice by having him hold the WWE Championship for SO long during his first reign. When he beat JBL at WM 21, the fans loved him but by the time he lost the title to Edge at New Years Revolution, nearly 9 months later, the fans were getting tired of him as champion. It's one thing for a heel, like JBL to have such a long title reign, but for a face to do it...somehow it just doesn't work in todays wrestling world. And then, to have have Cena regain the championship just 3 weeks later was extremely annoying to the fans. Cena then held the title right up to Wrestlemania 22 where he faced the impossible challenge of Triple H. Everyone KNEW the King of Kings was going back on his thrown that night. It was a foregone conclusion in the minds of most fans that Cena's insanely long title reign was at an end. But...not only was everyone wrong, and Cena retained the title, but to add insult to injury, he beat Triple H by submission in the main event at Wrestlemania.

Then he did the exact same thing to Shawn Michaels at WM 23 after having an almost identical year of being champion for the whole year minus a short time when RVD and Edge had the belt.

If Cena had just had a normal 4-5 month long title reign after beating JBL at WM 21 and lost it to say, The Undertaker or JBL or whoever, I think he would have remained a fan favorite and we would not today have the high pitched, "let's go Cena" chants competing with the low pitched, "Cena sucks!" chants.
TACOMcCail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2013, 08:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

anonymousfriend7x77 is on a distinguished road

People just dislike his gimmick. If he would come back randomly as the Dr. of Thugonomics everyone would be on his stuff.
anonymousfriend7x77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2013, 08:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

John cena Fan 4 Ever is on a distinguished road

I have no idea, But i bet they probably hate him for the most stupidest reasons. Cena does'nt care if people hate him, so the haters are basically wasting their own time hating on him. it seems like the only people who mostly hates him, is the Fans that grew up during the Attitude Era. and they also say Cena's Fans are only women, and children, Which is not true at all. I'm a 19 year old male, and have been a Fan of Cena since 2005.
John cena Fan 4 Ever is offline   Reply With Quote