ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

why did gut check choose that guy who botched three times over the talented adam pearce?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16 Apr 2013, 12:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Turdburgler is on a distinguished road
Default why did gut check choose that guy who botched three times over the talented adam pearce?

why did gut check choose that guy who botched three times over the talented adam pearce?
Turdburgler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2013, 12:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Rassling Critic is on a distinguished road

exactly it makes no sense at all. the former NWA World Champion is probably the 4th best talker in TNA.

where as :

1. Bully Ray

2. Robert Roode

3. James Storm
The Rassling Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2013, 01:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is on a distinguished road

I must have been watching a different episode of Impact Wrestling than you did? The Episode I saw, The Gut Check Judges rejected both Former NWA World Heavweight Champion Adam Pierce and Magno.
__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2013, 01:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

The Codebreaker (WCW) is on a distinguished road

Both Magno and Pearce were rejected by the judges. Pearce just needs a personality that is not deemed as dull to the mainstream.
The Codebreaker (WCW) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2013, 01:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

el diablo is on a distinguished road

Adam Pearce is considering retirement soon. T In A probably didn't want to risk signing him.
el diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2013, 01:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Xtremenator1 is on a distinguished road

How many Gut Check guys have actually stayed in TNA anyways? Like none of them. Its just a stunt to gain attention and interest, yet they fail epically. I assumed they picked that Magno guy just because he's a little bit more entertaining to watch then Adam Pierce. Plus TNA has like no luchadores at all right now, so getting someone like Adam Pierce who's pretty much the same as half the heels on the roster, just isn't going to work.
Xtremenator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2013, 01:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

ak47pro25 is on a distinguished road

I think TNA is going to use Adam Pearce in a story line same with Joey Ryan.
ak47pro25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2013, 01:42 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

Crossbones is on a distinguished road
Default Re: why did gut check choose that guy who botched three times over the talented adam pearce?

TNA Gut Check isn't a legitimate competition. Joey Ryan was not talented enough to be a TNA wrestler and failed. He didn't win his match and Taz and Pritcherd gave the no votes. Al Snow said yes. Ryan attacked Snow, the only judge/semi active wrestler and won a match to gain a TNA contract. Some of the wrestlers have been good enough, but would only be jobbers. Kenny King is X-Division champ and he got a contract without taking part in Gut Check. King would have been crazy to leave ROH as one half of the tag team champs for a Gut Check entrance into TNA. It would have made Gut Check more legitimate, but I don't think that most of the wrestlers have been told they are getting contracts. I think Gut Check is propaganda for the independents, but also helps TNA by making what could have been dark matches, TV matches and bringing out the fans of those wrestlers.
Magno impressed me more that Pearce, but I have seen Magno before. TNA failed Magno by not setting up the ropes for a match of his style. I really hope TNA doesn't do another Joey Ryan angle, save it for someone who has more to give. Peace does look like he belongs in Aces and Eights, so waste that story with him just joining the gang.
Crossbones is offline   Reply With Quote