ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

How to get in shape for wrestling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Apr 2013, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

james is on a distinguished road
Default How to get in shape for wrestling?

Hello, i am 13 years old and i am only 5 feet tall. The thing is I want to try out for wrestling and baseball next year. But sadly i have asthma, and im not that strong. My dad is small too but was amazing at wrestling so could anybody help me on tips and exercises to get in shape for those sports and how i can control my asthma?? (P.s this is my first time playing a sport (i played when i was younger but i was only like 7)
james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2013, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Carly is on a distinguished road

Good news! Having asthma won't stop you from playing any sports or exercising to your hearts content. Some amazing athletes have asthma and are fine. The first thing your going to want to do is ask your parents to take you to a doctor. Tell him what you want to do and if your asthma is risky he might prescribe some medicine to help you. After your sure your safe at your doctors approval now comes the hard part: training and getting in shape. Now this doesn't mean you should follow this guideline until your sports season is over, you should continue this so your heart and muscles are strong for the next season. There are three main components you want to focus on: exercise, diet, and sleep. You don't focus on one, everything crumbles.

Sleep: Considering your age and activity level, you will want to sleep 9 hours every night including weekends. That means going to bed at a certain time every single night to maintain a schedule. Even try getting up earlier. Studies show that people who wake up early tend to have a more productive day.

Diet: This is a little more complicated. Each meal you will want to make sure you are getting each of the five nutrients: meat, whole grains, dairy, fruit, and vegetables. Each portion should be about the size of your fist. Try and convert everything you can to whole grains. Also, make sure to drink around 6 cups of water daily for your age.

Exercise: You will need to exercise daily. If you are playing a sport that can count as your exercise for the day. If not, some kind of cardio would be a good way to start. This means running, biking, or swimming. Around a half hour is a good base and try and move up how far you get. Afterwards, do some kind of muscle training exercise like weight lifting or push-ups. There are really good videos on YouTube you can do without any equipment. Make sure to stretch before and after you workout. If you experience and kind of serious or unusual pain you should stop.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at carlymp9@gmail.com
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Apr 2013, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ha

Ryan is on a distinguished road

See a doctor for you asthma. If your dad was a great wrestler have him teach you exercises for wrestling. For baseball you can do pushups, sit-ups, sprints, and weights.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote