ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

do you think wrestler deaths led to the pg era or was it all on Linda Mcmahon after

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Mar 2013, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sh..Shake dat ass girl

Lex Luger is on a distinguished road
Default do you think wrestler deaths led to the pg era or was it all on Linda Mcmahon after

ruthless agression?
Lex Luger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2013, 03:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Bill P is on a distinguished road

It was more to open it up to a newer, younger market. It seems to have worked but I rarely, if ever, watch it now. I do watch WWE Archives but thats all.
Bill P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2013, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
jay
Death Gone Warm

jay is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to jay

No because of the young kids enjoying the show. I dont watch WWE no more.
jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2013, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Candle (87%) is on a distinguished road

I think you can pin a little from column a and a little from column b as at least part of the reason the WWE's gone a bit more family friendly. PG is definitely a PR move, no doubt about it. It would help Linda point a finger at a more wholesome product, and considering the WWE's mortality rate in the '00's, I'd assume putting on a bit more of a kiddy show with less stiff wrestling and basis on muscle men would help make Linda and Vince look a bit more responsible. Keep in mind that Benoit's death did trigger more federal attention for Vince too, which has always led to a flux in product.

I also think it was just time to go back to the well and try to bring in a new fan base. Plain and simple. The demographic from Attitude, and even moreso Ruthless Aggression, had started to find their style of hyper realism in other wrestling promotions on the indies, along with the rising UFC. It was just time to shoot for a different style that Vince knew would get views and grow his audience from one guy to that one guy and his family he'd force to take him to a wrestling show.
Candle (87%) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2013, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Iron man is on a distinguished road

It is a combination of a lot of things really. It all boils down to the fact that you can only do the edgy stuff for so long before it gets old. Plus wwe does not have any real competition at the moment. Tna has been around but they are not a big enough threat to be able to threaten them YET. If tna keep moving forward they could raise to the monday night wars level one day.

Join the new site that has the n
Iron man is offline   Reply With Quote