ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

If WWE monday night raw is live then what happens when they go to commericals?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Mar 2013, 01:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

rock9449 is on a distinguished road
Default If WWE monday night raw is live then what happens when they go to commericals?

Ok I am confused, I just watch wrestling casually, I was under impression WWE Monday night RAW is Live. So I don't get what happens when Michel Cole says " Raw will be live after this commerical".

So what happens to the current match that is ongoing? If they dont stop then is Raw really Live afterall?
rock9449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2013, 01:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

kevin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to kevin

Have you ever watched ANY sporting event? It's a media timeout, if you go and see a football game or a basketball game in person you'll occasionally go "hey why the heck are they just standing around." Media timeout.
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2013, 01:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Dave Marta is on a distinguished road

If a commercial happens during a match, the match doesn't stop, its just continues on throughout the break. When raw goes to commercial after a segment or promo, they usually have a wwe ad show in the arena, or a superstar makes his entrance for the match after the commercial break
Dave Marta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2013, 01:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Heavyweight

__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is on a distinguished road

The Match continues during the commercial break and Michael Cole recaps some of the action that happened while they were in commerical. You don't get to see everything The Audience in The Arena does though. Buy Tickets and go to a Live WWE Event and you will see for yourself. Most of the time when they go to Commercial, it is before the next match starts, but if they go to commerical in the middle of a match, the match continues and you may get to see a Replay of some of the wrestling holds and wrestling moves.
__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2013, 01:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Seanm613 is on a distinguished road

The fight keeps on going throughout the commercial it doesn't stop after the commercial Micheal Cole recaps on what happened over the break so the fight doesn't stop.
Seanm613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2013, 01:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Xtremenator1 is on a distinguished road

Well they have their WWE App where you can watch what happens during the commercials... Have you watched TV before? They say "will be live after this commercial" for every "live" show. It sounds better to say we'll be back with more Raw live rather then we'll be back with more Raw. For the people in the audience its still live, as well as the people who have the WWE app that can watch what happens when the commercial is on. WWE isn't like a tv show where when it goes to a commercial, it stops whats going on and picks up when they are back. WWE is always on-going... ugh I'm wasting my time.
Xtremenator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Mar 2013, 01:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

AJfnajfa is on a distinguished road

It is live. The match continues and they show some of the things happened during commercial. Go to the stadium and you'll believe me.

After the match, the commercial is there when a superstar is entering the ring or sometimes they clean the ring.

The brands pay WWE for their ads. As these ads are short so people usually don't change the channel and they earn money. It's all because of business. Earlier there weren't any commercials during matches.
AJfnajfa is offline   Reply With Quote