ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Is it premature to dub CM Punk one of the greatest heels of all-time?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Mar 2013, 09:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Duante Amorculo is on a distinguished road
Default Is it premature to dub CM Punk one of the greatest heels of all-time?

the guy cuts killer promos (which could be credited more to the writing staff, but then you still have to have the charisma to pull it off), is a great in-ring wrestler (in terms of skill set and wrestling moves) and is one of the best wrestlers of the past 5-10 years if not all-time and has some of the best mic skills of the current bunch of wrestlers on the roster (though that is not saying much, since almost all of them suck on the mic) ... but the man as a heel, i think comes close to being one of the best HEELS (and when i say heel ... i mean a true heel, one that fans love to hate and not like the rock back in the day when fans grew to love him as a heel) wrestling has ever seen. am i being too premature in dubbing him as such?

some wrestlers are better as faces (cena), some better as heels (mark henry) and others better as tweeners/faces with attitude (randy orton) ... punk plays all oles well but really hits his stride as a heel
Duante Amorculo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2013, 09:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Tarikul is on a distinguished road

May Be iM Agree
Tarikul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2013, 09:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Norm G is on a distinguished road

I am thinking that this guy is Rick Flair legend material. He is is going to have to go back and forth a few times before he gets that "legend" status. As long as he stays "healthy" he should be ok.
Norm G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Mar 2013, 09:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

tailslol is on a distinguished road

I think he gets better every week as a heel since he turned. His problem is he gets dwarfed by every face, they've all looked twice his size and it turns into him being against the odds which isn't something you should expect from a heel.

I wouldn't call him the greatest but he definitely could be, he just needs to look and sound less like a wuss and get more muscle(he's a skinny fatass) then he could start getting convincing wins and get more heat which would make him an even better heel. Piper kind of had that problem with all the faces being bigger than him, and he never got the wwe championship likely because of that(just like Punk never had a clean win over Cena or any top face) but even he became one of the greatest heels.
tailslol is offline   Reply With Quote