ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Would it be a bad thing if Rock retained the WWE Title at WrestleMania 29 ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Mar 2013, 11:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Wiggy is on a distinguished road
Default Would it be a bad thing if Rock retained the WWE Title at WrestleMania 29 ?

The majority of fans think John Cena will win the Title at WM29 and complete his 'redemption story'.

Would it be a good/bad idea for WWE to throw us a curve ball here and have Rock retain the Title? If Rock does retain, and since he won't be appearing as often after WM, he could cut a promo, relinquish the Title, which would set up some type of tournament for the vacated Championship. Would that work? You could have a HUGE tournament (include guys like Cesaro, Rhodes, Sandow, Bryan, Kofi, etc), with the last two men meeting at a PPV. There have been some solid matches on Raw as of late, so by doing this, the trend could continue...

Or would it be best to just have Cena win?

BQ -- Cena vs Undertaker at WM30 HAS to happen... right? Imagine the buy rates!!!
Wiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2013, 11:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Ultimate Warrior is on a distinguished road

according to SPOILER ALERTS on sites like bleachersreport.com and wrestlezone.com, the rock vs john cena will take place again for the "third" time at extreme rules 2013 which will indeed be their final battle!

IMO i think it will be more of a "passing the torch" kind of ceremonial match at extreme rules with the rock humbly accepting his "defeat" to john cena and make way for john cena to shine in "the spotlight"!

BTW cena will be victorious at WM 29; it will be 2-1 series win for cena!
Ultimate Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2013, 11:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

Ian Drake is on a distinguished road

The rock wont lose at wrestlemania with the amount of films hes got coming out,(gi joe,pain and gain and fast 6) it wouldnt be a good move for wwe to make him lose,maybe the shield will interfere making it a non contest and they will team up ending the fued.
Ian Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2013, 11:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Mr. Jack is on a distinguished road

Yes that would be a bad thing. Cena really does need the win to regain credibility as the face of the WWE. If he lost again to the Rock, and then the Rock relinquished the title and left then Cena would look horrible. And I don't think that tournament idea would work. I don't think a tournament for the WWE title featuring guys like Cesaro, Rhodes, Sandow, Bryan, and Kingston would produce much excitement. None of those guys are big enough to be WWE Champion. It's time for the WWE to return to the old formula of Cena as the WWE champion and #1 guy. If the WWE really wanted to throw us a curve they should have Cena turn heel after he wins the title back.

BQ: I agree.
Mr. Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2013, 11:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

Clark W-Angel Buffy Chosen is on a distinguished road

I think that storyline wise, Cena has to win, and that isn't just because I'm a Cena fan. I'm really rooting for Cena, yeah, but I think for Cena to come out in back-to-back years and tell everyone how much this match means to him, how huge it is, how important, and then lose would be a letdown, no matter if you're a Rock fan or not.

Personally, my own Cean-bias aside, I don't mind The Rock retaining and carrying the championship a bit further into the future. I think he's been just fine. His feud against CM Punk was excellent, and I've enjoyed his matches thoroughly. Contrary to what a lot of people think, I don't believe that we've seen the last of The Rock at Wrestlemania 29. I have feeling, win, lose or draw in a few weeks against Cena, he'll be there for Extreme Rules at least.

I don't know if you're tournament format would work. The problem is that whoever wins the tournament is essentially a paper champ. They never defeated the reigning champion. Unless the WWE was setting something up for the tournament winner to face a returning Rock at some stage down the road, I don't know if it would work.

BQ -- It has to. Cena is the only one truly left for The Undertaker. The Rock and Brock Lesnar would make great matches, but Cena is the only one who has a true, unqualified chance to win. Plus, Wrestlemania 30 seems like, and I have nothing to back this up beyond a gut feeling, The Undertaker's final match. Facing Cena, win or lose, would be the ultimate way to go out.
Clark W-Angel Buffy Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2013, 11:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

chewydewok is on a distinguished road

Its a no win situation. If they throw us a curveball, John Cena loses crediabilty since he can't even beat a part-time wrestler for the title. If Cena wins, everyone saw it coming. Yes, the buy rates would be incrediable for Cena-Undertaker at Wrestlemania, especially if it was Undertaker's ladt match, win or lose.
chewydewok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Mar 2013, 11:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

REAL American is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't mind WWE throwing a curve, but I think Cena is going to win it just because Rock has movies he wants to do!

BQ: Wouldn't get any bigger than that!
REAL American is offline   Reply With Quote