ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

How old are you? And what was going on in the WWE (WWF) when you first started watching it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Mar 2013, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Erika Williams is on a distinguished road
Default How old are you? And what was going on in the WWE (WWF) when you first started watching it?

Im 20 I started watching the WWF (they had not yet changed it) in the early 2000's when the invasion invaded the WWF and Stone Cold Steve Austin traded the WWF and went to WCW. Then a month a later He beat Kurt Angle at Summer slam and Kurt sprayed everyone with milk the next night lol

and the first smackdown i watched was when Undertaker took over stones colds locker room and kane returned that night
Erika Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2013, 04:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Allen is on a distinguished road

wow Im 20 too , was 7 when i watched my first wwe raw in 1999 it was undertaker vs someones match i dont remember.
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2013, 05:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

Jamie is cool is on a distinguished road

I'm 38 years old and i have been watching wrestling since 1987 when it was wwf wrestling before it became wwe i liked it better when it was wwf
Jamie is cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2013, 05:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Seohyun is on a distinguished road

"im 18 and i don't remember much but i remember kane had a mask and i thought he was scary"
Seohyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2013, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Alton007 Panthers is on a distinguished road

I'm 24 Years old. I been watching wrestling in diapers. But then I didn't watch wrestling half a time and I didn't understand it. When the Attitude Era Came I started watched wrestling full time and WCW Monday Nitro before raw came on. So I had to switch channels I know they talking about Monday Night Wars Between WWF Monday Night Raw vs. WCW Monday Nitro. Speaking on that When I watch Wrestling I know about Nation of Domination, D-Generation X, Bret Hart Left WWE and Go to WCW (Montrel Screwjob), Death of Owen Hart and Stone Cold and Vince McMahon Rivalry.
Alton007 Panthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2013, 05:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Just ified Bobby is on a distinguished road

I'm 26 I started watching when I was about 12 or 13 I can't remember but I my mom pointed to the tv and said "look at that guy he's cool what do you think of him" or something like that, and it was Bret Hart on a talk show talking about a match with another guy coming up at a PPV. and I replied "Enh I guess so" Then his opponent came out and I thought he was the coolest guy I ever seen in my life and ever since I've been trying to be just like him, The greatest wrestler ever and a HeartBreak Kid.

Shortly after Stone Cold debuted and I was Stone Cold crazy, flipping off teachers at school, defying everyone of my elders and I learned how to stand up for myself and not be afraid of anybody and it stuck with me forever.

The list goes on of great things pro wrestling has done for me. I wish however I could name something it has done for me within the last 10 years but I can't.
Just ified Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2013, 05:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

craig_serithor is on a distinguished road

26, i didn't have the privelage oh having cable when i was younger but my most fondest memorie was when i was at a friends house and i saw the confrontation between kane and the undertaker, i was so terrified at the sight of kane.
craig_serithor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2013, 05:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

StealthJ85 is on a distinguished road

I've been watching since the late 80s/early 90s.The earliest that I remember not from tapes is the Luger-Sting feud in WCW in the early 90s.As for WWF the first tape I rented was Wrestlemania 5.So I suppose timeline wise that puts me at around when Hogan and Earthquake were fueding after Hogan/Warrior at WM 6.
StealthJ85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2013, 05:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Fred Carter is on a distinguished road

im a 19 year old brit and i've been watching wwe for about 5 years

my earliest memory is when william regal beat santino marella for the IC title in manchester, very proud moment to see my fellow brit with a very emotional victory

but the most prominent memory for the beginning of my wwe existence was the triple h vs randy orton feud going into wrestlemania 25, an awesome feud with frankly a disappointing climax

but the two truly great moment in the feud when triple h returned and attacked legacy, the image of him standing in front of the ambulance with the sledgehammer was brilliant and also when he broke into Orton's house those moments were classic
Fred Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2013, 05:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Xtremenator1 is on a distinguished road

Well I am 18 now. My first ever match that I seen was Edge vs Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle vs Eddie Guerrero on Smackdown. It was a #1 contenders match for Brock Lesners WWE Championship. Now this match was in 2002, so thats 11 years ago.
Xtremenator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2013, 05:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jobber

Rion Nolley is on a distinguished road

I'm 19 I started watching in 98. I thought it was awesome with everyone throwing down like that. Stone cold and his "gimme a hell yeah" always sounded awesome to me.
Rion Nolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2013, 05:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jobber

Cody is on a distinguished road

I'm 24 and when I first started watching wrestling I preferred the WCW because I liked watching people like Hulk Hogan and The Warrior fight. The first major thing I remember going on in WCW was the 4 horsemen led by Rick Flair and then the NWO. I swapped over to WWF and got hooked on people like Stone Cold and Triple H who was Hunter Heart Helmsley at the time and he was partnered up with China. I think DX is what made me stick with WWF in the end.
Cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2013, 05:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Meti is on a distinguished road

When i first watched my wwe kane and undertaker were talking to stone cold and triple h, 2001 or 2002
Meti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2013, 05:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jobber

Alvaro is on a distinguished road

You're not that girl in the profile picture because I have seen it on Google images a lot of times

Good try, you fat ugly loser
Alvaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2013, 06:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
Young Noob

Matt the Troll Hunter is on a distinguished road

I'll be 29 in June, and when I first started watching in late 1995, Nitro was kicking the bejesus out of RAW in the early days of the Monday Night War, and WWF was losing all of its guys to WCW.
Matt the Troll Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote