ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why do wrestling fans call John Cena "Super Cena"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Mar 2013, 10:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

Cool is on a distinguished road
Default Why do wrestling fans call John Cena "Super Cena"?

I'm not a Cena fan, but are you saying he has kind of super power or something?
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2013, 10:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

ak47pro25 is on a distinguished road

He doesn't sell.
ak47pro25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2013, 10:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Mark is on a distinguished road

Because he never looses his matches remember this. Term isn't new it's been said from late 08 to 2011 2012 cena lost everything
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2013, 11:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
abc
Jobber

abc is on a distinguished road

Yep, he gets beat up like Superman and musters up all his strength and decimates his opponents with 5 moves.
abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2013, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

YOU_RE FIRED! is on a distinguished road

It's a nickname of his that people use whenever he does a comesback during a match with just his 5 moves of doom. He will get beat the whole match and then he hits his 5 moves of doom then match over.
YOU_RE FIRED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2013, 11:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

sheiz$tella is on a distinguished road

Never heard that reference
sheiz$tella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2013, 11:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Jobber

John cena Fan 4 Ever is on a distinguished road

I dont know. But the people who calls him Super Cena, must be very weird.
John cena Fan 4 Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2013, 11:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

Radius is on a distinguished road

ya hes takes a beating the whole match does his 5 moves of doom and wins
Radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2013, 11:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Sean Cone is on a distinguished road

Because he almost never makes his opponents look good, doesn't lose nearly enough matches, and like Superman, no matter how big and bad a foe looks, you know that ultimately the bad guy won't get the last laugh against Cena.

Even the best wrestler has to lose sometimes. He still hasn't put CM Punk over clean. The only clean loss he's had in the past few years was to The Rock. By comparison, the Rock lost clean all the time back in his heyday, and he lost at least one match a month, yet it never made him any less of a star. This is what people hate about Cena. Even though his gimmick is stale, if he fixed that problem, I doubt people would mind the stale gimmick so much.

His promos on the mic feed into the Super-Cena nickname too. 9 out of 10 times, he sits there with this big doofy grin on his face, cracking stupid jokes while his opponent tries to build the match for the fans and sell tickets, and he does it in this way that makes you feel like he's thinking "yeah, you're still going to job to me, because everyone jobs to me trololololo" and I hate that. He makes it seem like the matches aren't worth seeing, when the point of a promo is to make the fans think "I HAVE TO see this". And also, like Superman, Cena can never really compliment his opponents. Like, he's said "CM Punk is the guy I just can't beat", but he'll also bury CM Punk on the mic, instead of really making it look like Punk is on his level. He does that to everyone except the Rock, and it's an insult to the business.

I personally hate that he does the same comeback over and over, wrestles the same match every night, then people try to call him "the hardest worker in the WWE". If he was the hardest worker, he'd have learned how to at least sell properly for opponents. As for him only using the same moves-- look, I'm a believer that it's not WHAT moves you do, it's WHY you do them, when and how that makes up wrestling psychology. But Cena fails at that, and he gets booed out of the building every time he hits that first shoulder block. I know WWE is fake, but the point of wrestling is to make the fans suspend disbelief so that for those 15 minutes, it feels real to them. The fact that 95% of the time, after those shoulder blocks, his opponents still throw that stupid, weak punch, knowing he will duck it and hit the suplex-bomb is an insult to wrestling fans and psychology. It's wrestlers like Cena that make it impossible for wrestling fans to have that same feeling they used to, where even though they know it's fake, it feels real. And it's not just Cena. I feel the same way about the spot-monkey wrestlers who do 100 moves in a match, triple flippty-do's, etc, with no psychology.

Rant over.
Sean Cone is offline   Reply With Quote