ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Do you give a flying F*** about "House Shows"?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Mar 2013, 10:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
alf
Fresh Noob

alf is on a distinguished road
Default Do you give a flying F*** about "House Shows"?

I read all the time about how they force the WWE stars to be work horses for the sake of making a few extra bucks wrestling in un-televised live shows where nothing that progresses the stories ever happens.......

Do you actually care about house shows? Do you actually go to them?

Even if you do don't you think it'd be better to give the wrestlers a freakin break, it's inhumane to make them wrestle when it's not even going to be on TV....
alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2013, 10:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Best In The World! is on a distinguished road

I don't really care about them. I've been to one.
Best In The World! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2013, 10:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is on a distinguished road

Yes, I'm going to a WWE House Show 4 days from now. House Shows don't have Commercial Interruptions and they have longer Wrestling Matches. I like WWE House Shows, TNA House Shows, ROH House Show, Dragon Gate House Shows, New Japan Pro Wrestling House Shows and Combat Zone Wrestling House Shows. I go to Wrestling Shows to see Wrestling Matches and Wrestling House Shows give me Wrestling Matches. It actually would be better to give Wrestlers several months off each year, so Professional Wrestling Promotions like WWE should stagger the schedules and give Wrestlers more time off and they could skip working some Televised Shows, House Shows and Pay Per Views. House Shows are where Wrestlers work on Wrestling Holds, Wrestling Moves and work on putting together an entertaining match. If you eliminated House Shows, the matches you see on Television would probably look a lot worse than you are seeing now. Wrestlers would blow moves and probably get hurt, if they only wrestled once a week.
__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2013, 11:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

Matt the Troll Hunter is on a distinguished road

Only if the House Show is in my town, which doesn't happen very often.
Matt the Troll Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2013, 11:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Rassling Critic is on a distinguished road

Allen Iverson the great basketball player once said "talking about practice......PRACTICE!"

Rasheed Wallace retorts with "everybody plays hard"

The house show is the foundation to what pro wrestling is. Hell if the Superstars are not going to learn anything in developmental other than get hazed by Bill Demott........where you expect people like say Ryback to learn how to work?

I mean come on is he Solomon Grundy? On Monday I do Raw on Tuesday I do Smackdown on Wednesday I nothing on Thursday I laugh at Impact writing, on Friday I watch myself on tv on Saturday I go do movie auditions on Sunday I do 5 moves of doom.
The Rassling Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2013, 11:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Xtremenator1 is on a distinguished road

Well you get to meet the superstars, and usually the best matches are at the House Shows, and not on Raw or Smackdown. Heck a few weeks ago Undertaker teamed up with Sheamus to fight Team Rhodescholars.
Xtremenator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2013, 11:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Eng
Fresh Noob

Eng is on a distinguished road

yes
Eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2013, 11:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

mr_twig is on a distinguished road

This is honestly the dumbest wrestling related question that I've seen.

Wrestling wasn't always televised, and it isn't inhumane. You act like the people don't want to wrestle. That's their job and it's what they choose to do. Not everyone gives a shit about the storylines, and most people can't always make it to a taped/live Raw/Smackdown show.

I only care about the actual wrestling, so house shows are better.
mr_twig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2013, 11:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Young Noob

Geese is on a distinguished road

Do you just expect a wrestler to come on TV and become an immediate superstar without any previous training? How are wrestlers supposed to learn their craft without wrestling at house shows? I've watched ROH house shows and many of them were just as good as their pay-per-views. Promotions needs to do house shows so wrestlers can learn their trade, hone their skills, and see how over they are with the crowd. House shows are not going to be on TV but a few of them do get taped and sold on DVD's. Back in the 1980's and 1990's WWF taped house show matches and put them out for sale on Coliseum Video with such titles as Supertape, Invasion, World Tour, Battle of the WWF Superstars and Wrestlefest.
Geese is offline   Reply With Quote