ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Has WWE ruined Wade Barrett?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Mar 2013, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Rassling Critic is on a distinguished road
Default Has WWE ruined Wade Barrett?

I remember when he made his big return to Raw with the new attitude, the beard, and the elbow as his new big move. Then in the past few weeks they seemed to just piss it all away by making a joke out of him by mocking his appearance in the new movie with Collen Ferrell whatever it is called. I was starting to think that the guy could be a main eventer since the elbow move looked like it KO people at any moment.

But now with the promos where he talks you can tell his accent is annoying, he can't act, and the crap of him arguing with Sheamus sounds like a pair of gypsy speaking Ye Olde English from a bad b-movie on the SyFy Channel. I swear I think the Thor movie that had Kevin Nash play Odin was better than the past few weeks of Raw.

Wouldn't it be better for business if they promote Barrett as a "tough guy" instead of "movie star"?
The Rassling Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2013, 01:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Max Rayner is on a distinguished road

WWE is famous for ruining talents like him. He should go to TNA. People, please answer this:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8000020AAP2lM5
Max Rayner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2013, 02:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Cherlique Lilienthal is on a distinguished road

they haven't ruined him yet but they are getting there. yep that sounds about right. i don't know what wwe's problem is. they build only to destroy and push guys to nowhere and bury guys who are supposed to be getting over etc. i don't know. and thanks for the laugh. that gypsy thing was hilarious. and yes raw is horrible. at this point i actually watch impact instead of raw. i do check the results online, cause if things start to get good again i will watch raw again.
Cherlique Lilienthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2013, 02:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Great White Sheamus is on a distinguished road

No not really he just hasn't have anybody to feud with right now as WM 29 is approaching. Hopefully he will feud with the likes of The Miz or R-Truth in the future. Bo Dallas was supposed to be the main guy that he was going to have a feud with but it never happen.
The Great White Sheamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2013, 02:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Enigmatic Charisma (The Return) is on a distinguished road

As someone who is a big Wade Barrett fan, I agree.

When Barrett was near the point of his return, I was excited, especially after seeing the vignettes promoting his return, with the new beard, his intent to revert "back to the basics", etc.

Upon his return, his first televised match, I believe, was against Yoshi Tatsu. Really? You promote Barrett as a big deal and give him a severely lackluster return match?

To add to that, it was months before he won a big match. If this is a guy WWE wants to develop into a main eventer, he needs to actually be in main event matches and WIN some of those matches, even if he is a heel.

The only big match he's won since his return (that I can think of) was against Orton. Sure, he is the Intercontinental Champion, but is that really helping to elevate him? Not one bit.

WWE missed out on the perfect opportunity to make Wade into something great, due to poor booking decisions. It's not Wade's fault. He's great and has everything it takes to be a top-tier superstar. Giving him a movie role simply is not the answer. Is he ruined? Only time will tell.
Enigmatic Charisma (The Return) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2013, 02:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Young Noob

Nikie is on a distinguished road

yes
Nikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2013, 02:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Anonymous is on a distinguished road

Yeah. WWE known for ruining talents
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2013, 02:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
TJ
Young Noob

TJ is on a distinguished road

U r a loser troll. Wwe has no credible tag teams, wwe has no cruiserweight division and the diva division is dead.

Shut the f up mark
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2013, 02:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Amie? is on a distinguished road

Hm. I would say that Wade Barrett hasn't helped himself in the cause, either. As soon as Wade Barrett was offered a movie he should have looked at The Miz who did these movie roles and got promoted for it, now look at him when Miz should still be a main eventer no question. Then, look at Ted DiBiase who really could have been on parr with guys like Orton and Cena within several years, but Ted DiBiase now is just a distant memory after his movies

The truth is, WWE star, turned movie star, doesn't work out. It's only worked for already established main eventers like Orton, Cena etc. They're established and known and never really drop from the main event. Guys like Miz, DiBiase and Wade Barrett can be easily lost.

Wade Barrett should have said a big no to any movie offers. Being British, his accent doesn't annoy me. I haven't seen the movie, seen any trailers. But I can assure myself that I'm not missing out on anything, I don't want to see it and I know for a fact that Wade probably can't act as well as he wrestles.

Wade Barrett is a guy that doesn't need to be a movie star or even know how to act because he's a natural athlete and just a very good wrestler. After NXT, Wade should have just been pushed and pushed right to the very top. He has the look and he can have multiple gimmicks heel or face that would put him way above people purely for the fact that he's a bit different, he's British. They should have given him a proper dirty heel gimmick, patriotic Brit to the maximum and kept it with him til now and pushed him to the top. He doesn't need movies, he needs world titles.
Amie? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2013, 02:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Young Noob

likesfemalefeet is on a distinguished road

Yes! Just when Nexus was interesting, they took it away and stuck Wade over in Smackdown.
likesfemalefeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2013, 02:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
KN
Fresh Noob

KN is on a distinguished road

I was discussing this with some friends on the web about Wade. One thing that came up was Wade doesn't (for whatever reason) go to Creative about ideas on his direction or character. I think thats his biggest problem. He needs a good angle and I think the company's main focus right now is Cena becoming champ, Dolph becoming champ, and making as $ as they can from WM. So we'll see after Mania how Wade is doing.
KN is offline   Reply With Quote