ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Do you feel Mr. Perfect would have become WWE champion eventually had he lived?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Mar 2013, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The White Collar Assassin is on a distinguished road
Default Do you feel Mr. Perfect would have become WWE champion eventually had he lived?

When Henning returned to the WWE I believe in 2002 shortly before his death I really had a strong feeling that he was finally going to get a run with the WWE title. Then he got fired for that incident on the airplane and eventually died of a drug overdose. But do you feel WWE was gearing Henning up for that run with the WWE title that he didn?t get in his prime due to largely being around in the era of so many others who did get the brass ring?
The White Collar Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2013, 12:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

CHUNG CHOGAN is on a distinguished road

No.

Henning was already getting old.
CHUNG CHOGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2013, 12:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Hollywood Jono is on a distinguished road

It may sound strange as I honestly can?t remember what he was doing/who he was feuding with at the time but I could see that as a very real possibility. Being as how it was so long ago I can?t remember if he was being pushed or was being used to put other people over unfortunately. Mark Henry was with the WWE for 15 years before becoming a world champion and then finally became one if Henry can get a run with the title why not Mr. Perfect? If he had lived and it?s a big if and cleaned up his act as far as getting and staying clean there is no doubt that he would have gone out on top in some form or fashion.
Hollywood Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2013, 12:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
kg f H wخlD

Mattitude is on a distinguished road

Well If Hogan can get one last run there would be no reason Mr.Perfect couldn't.

I could definitely see him going for another IC title run.
Mattitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2013, 12:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

Geese is on a distinguished road

There was no indication the WWE was giving Perfect a push for the title. If anything, Hennig was jobbing to the younger stars in the company and stuck on lower card status. When Hennig returned to the WWE in 2002 he was jobbing to Rob Van Dam, The Big Show, Kane, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Edge. His only noteworthy match was his 2002 Royal Rumble performance but he wasn't even close to a run for the Championship, as he was wrestling on WWE's B program Sunday Night Heat and losing to its top stars on Monday Night Raw. In 2002, the WWE was already pushing its younger stars and Hennig was in his forties and past his prime.
Geese is offline   Reply With Quote