ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Would you appreciate pro wrestling promotions if this were the format? (More inside)?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2013, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

The JokeBat is on a distinguished road
Default Would you appreciate pro wrestling promotions if this were the format? (More inside)?

-Show begins-

- wrestling match-

- commercial advertisements-

- wrestling match-

- talking segment (s) -

- wrestling match-

- interview -

- commercial-

- wrestling match-

- interview -

- wrestling match-

Obviously, the length of the matches depend on how one would want to arrange the program. The above is for a 2-hour wrestling show. More commercials would need to be added as well. Including at least 6 matches that are eight minutes and higher with very promos would be perfect (in my opinion). I wish there were other shows on tv with 90(or 80) percent on the in-ring wrestling and the rest could be based on other things.

BQ: What is your wrestling tv schedule (with yourself viewing)?

Mine:

Monday: WWE Raw

Tuesday: nothing

Wednesday: nothing

Thursday: TNA Impact Wrestling

Friday: nothing

Saturday: Ring of Honor Wrestling ( favorite promotion); Lucha Libre CMLL; occasionally two or three local promotions

Sunday: nothing

That's all the wrestling I receive here on the East Coast
The JokeBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2013, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Robin, Fantasy Baseball 0-0-0 is on a distinguished road

you don't recieve smackdown? that's awful. here in germany we get NXT, Raw, Smackdown, Afterburn and Experience, and we also get TNA Impact and all pay per views of both companies.

your format is not bad but i'd drop the interviews. in wwe it feels like nobody wants to have it but to look like a sports show somehow we just have to do this sh-t. what pro wrestling needs in my eyes are talking segments between rivals and good, hard matches, if possible with blood, tending away from PG
Robin, Fantasy Baseball 0-0-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2013, 07:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

Geese is on a distinguished road

Well, that's quite a bit of wrestling you do receive on the East Coast. You're a Ring of Honor fan like myself. From looking at your idea, the first hour looks promising but the second hour repeats itself. You have a wrestling match then a post-match interview and, after that, cut to a commercial break. Then the last half-hour or so it's a match, then a post-match interview and then another wrestling match.

That formula is going to get repetitive and bore some of the viewers. Add storylines, hype up a promising wrestler by creating promos of him week after week, such as what the WWF used to do with Jeff Jarrett and Goldust, they would cut a lot of vignettes for Double-J and Goldust, so by the time they made their debut, they were already over and drawing heat from the fans.

ROH would have past greats come to their events such Bruno Sammartino, Mick Foley, Ric Flair, and Terry Funk. Why not have a past great come and address the crowd?

BQ: A few weeks ago, I watched Monday Night Raw. It was good to see CM Punk win the four-way elimination against Sheamus, Big Show and Randy Orton, but the rest of matches were short and dull. I tried watching a few episodes of TNA Impact but I just can't get myself into their product as they are recycling old WWF and WCW storylines. TNA has a lot of talented wrestlers but they don't know how to use them. TNA is a triple-A bush league compared to the WWE.

The promotion I prefer watching is Ring of Honor. I keep up by watching past ROH events such as Gut Check, Best in the World, and Domination. Currently, I am watching ROH Reclaims Boston.
Geese is offline   Reply With Quote