ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why do people hate Paul Heyman? Want him to be RAW GM, how about you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Mar 2013, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

ak47pro25 is on a distinguished road
Default Why do people hate Paul Heyman? Want him to be RAW GM, how about you?

Are you a Paul Heyman guy?

Best wrestling promoter and manger ever.
ak47pro25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2013, 12:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Mr. Jack is on a distinguished road

I love Paul Heyman and I agree that he would be a great heel GM on Raw. But right now they still need him to be with Lesnar so he can talk for Lesnar. Maybe after Wrestlemania though.
Mr. Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2013, 12:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

JRRMZ is on a distinguished road

Well now that I think of it he would bring a lot of heat to the show so he should be and he would probably annoy the WWE Universe so yeah why not.
JRRMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2013, 12:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Jaycee is on a distinguished road

they hat ehis legacy
Jaycee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2013, 12:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Candle (87%) is on a distinguished road

I'm a Paul Heyman guy, but it's for the same reason I'm a Kevin Nash guy, which essentially boils down to the fact that I love old school carnies trying to sell me a pig in a poke. Call me a sucker, but sometimes it's fun being a mark.

Paul's a charismatic guy and he definitely has a mind for wrestling that, while often needs to be wrangled in to be good, is very innovative and cutting edge.

Most people who don't like Paul either sympathize for the people he ripped off and lied to, or ARE the people he ripped off and lied to. Granted, Paul never lied to the fans, just the guys busting their humps in ECW. He's also got a reputation for coat tailing people for his own benefit and many view that as exploitative.

My take is; what ISN'T exploitative in wrestling? What ISN'T a lie in wrestling? And who DOESN'T stand behind their talent and reap the benefits?

And I tend to disagree. He's not the best wrestling promoter ever. That term for me is all-encompassing when it comes to booking, talent relations, and finances, and while Paul could manipulate people into loving him, it ultimately bit him in the bacon in the end with a whole lot of guys. And the man definitely can't handle the books when it comes to finances.

He's also not the best manager. He's one of the best, but I tend to stand by Jim Cornette as the best wrestling manager of all time. I love Corny as a promoter as well, even though everything about him is the parallel to Heyman. He hates garbage wrestling and crash TV, lives off of the fundamentals and name values, and tells the truth to a fault.

So I guess you could say, in a lot of ways, I am a Heyman guy. But I'm more of a Cornette guy when it comes to your qualifications.
Candle (87%) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2013, 12:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Allen is on a distinguished road

I like Paul heyman bcuz i like Brock lesnar!!!!!
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2013, 12:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Young Noob

bobby is on a distinguished road

They hate him because he's damn good at being a heel, and you're supposed to hate heels.

He should be a GM
bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Mar 2013, 12:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Bharath is on a distinguished road

i'm a paul heyman guy..but i dont like cm punk and brock lesnar..i like paul heyman
Bharath is offline   Reply With Quote