ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

When will pro wrestling die?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Mar 2013, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
OVO
Fresh Noob

OVO is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to OVO
Default When will pro wrestling die?

I know wwe has alot of money to be going out of business. I'm talking when the rating get an all time low and the crowd won't be as big. (serious question no troll answer)
OVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2013, 09:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

ak47pro25 is on a distinguished road

WWE company wrestling will die if it goes to Disney channel.

TNA is rising up!
ak47pro25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2013, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

The Great One is on a distinguished road

it wont wwe makes way to much money over the world it will never go down.
The Great One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2013, 10:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Hamburglar is on a distinguished road

Hamburglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2013, 10:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Sir
Fresh Noob

Sir is on a distinguished road

I give it another decade (10 years). I would say after 10 years, it would start fading away.

As long as MMA keeps growing and big fights in boxing keep happening, pro wrestling will keep loosing viewers. The more they loose viewers, the more they loose money. The reason why pro wrestling was popular back in the day was cause they only had one competition and that is boxing. Now they have 2, MMA and Boxing. I also think that parents don't want their children to watch too much violence any at all. And older and mature people don't want to pay something that much for something that is scripted, if they are going to watch two people go at it, they want real stuff not fake. I wanna get it into more....but i will leave it like this.

Pro wrestling will die, it'll take time but it will.
Sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2013, 10:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Michael is on a distinguished road

Pro wrestling will always exist in some form or fashion. Remember pro wrestling in the modern era began over a hundred years ago with the two top wrestlers predetermining the finish in order to prolong the feud, the rest of the match was a shoot and all the other matches on the card were shoots, even the finishes.

MMA is completely based on pro-wrestling so therefore could be seen as a transition of pro-wrestling. Lou Thesz would certainly recongize MMA as being more akin to his experiences and career than he would 2013 WWE. WWE 2013 is as different from the NWA 1975 as MMA is to WWE. I've carefully watched the rise of MMA and can assure you some of the matches are already works. This will gradually increase to the point everything they do is as much a work as WWE.

To put it into context, the Roman Gladiators in the arena known as the bloodiest contest in history wre often fake. The gladiators strapped pigbladders to their sides filled with blood, which their opponents would deliberately pierce to make it look as though they'd been killed. So people pretending to fight for the thrill of the audience is as old as history and is not likely to die anytime soon.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote