ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

If Bully Ray doesn't want hand outs or special treatment why is he making matches

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Mar 2013, 08:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

RUSSO MANiA is on a distinguished road
Default If Bully Ray doesn't want hand outs or special treatment why is he making matches

without hogan permission? And what are your thoughts on Sofia from NXT/FCW/Tough Enough facing The Barbarian's neice Lei D Tapa on Gutcheck tonight?
RUSSO MANiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2013, 08:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Mick Flair is on a distinguished road

no comment
Mick Flair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2013, 08:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Senor Booker is on a distinguished road

I wondered that as well. He just made a match and if it was another wrestler, Hulk Hogan would be furious or come out to the ring. But since it's Bully Ray and Hulk Hogan is his father-in-law, he can get away with making a match.
Senor Booker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2013, 08:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

no name is on a distinguished road

If he doesn't want special treatment, then why did he get the Lock Down title match, when he wasn't even involved with that weeks Impact matches that were suppose to have determined the challenger?
no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2013, 08:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Dragon is on a distinguished road

Bully Ray didn't MAKE the match, he just issued the challenge like most of them do when they get interrupted during their promos. Somebody in the back (presumably Sting, who often acts as GM if Hogan isn't available) made the match official. Todd Keneley did mention a little later after that segment that "it's been made official, Bully Ray and Jeff Hardy vs Daniels and Kazarian in the main event tonight".

Because Daniels and Kaz DID interrupt that segment we don't know what Bully Ray would have done. It sounded like he was either going to give up that Lockdown match or more likely, figure out some way to prove he earned and deserves it. But Daniels and Kaz interrupted him before he could go any farther.

I don't watch NXT or FCW so this was my first time seeing...wait a minute, I remember an "Ivalise" from Tough Enough but wasn't she a blonde? If it's the same girl I'm thinking of from Tough Enough, they're about the same size but the Ivalise on Gut Check was a much better wrestler than the one from Tough Enough. But that makes sense, she's had what, a year to get more training and experience. I was impressed with Ivalise on Gut Check. I like her fighting spirit and MMA-based style. Lei'D Tapa was a beast; something TNA has been missing since Awesome Kong left. She impressed me, too. I enjoyed their match; they both seem quite polished for having little pro experience. I'd like to see more of them both. TNA HAS awarded contracts to both Gut Check contestants before. Maybe they'll do it again next week with those two women. I want to see the Knockouts Division grow and include more diverse wrestling styles.
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote