ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why is WWE called wrestling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Feb 2013, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

scott is on a distinguished road
Default Why is WWE called wrestling?

WWE and "professional wrestling" is called wrestling, but it has nothing to do with wrestling and is entirely fake and is just a bunch of steroid using actors without out any knowledge or respect to the sport. Wrestling is one of the most challenging sports on the planet and takes years of dedication and practice to master just like any other martial art, but this crap brings shame to the people who actually know how to do it. Professional wrestling? You should watch olympic wrestling and see what it really is, not some grown men that act (poorly) with bad acting and crazy fans that are clueless idiots. Its sad how disrespectful this pro wrestling is.

I dont care that people watch this stuff its just that the term wrestling doesnt fit the act they put on

Being choke slammed or what ever just prove me more correct, its NOT wrestling and yes it wouldnt hurt because its an ACT. Stop wasting time and money on an industry that seeks out the week minded and place ideas that this fighting is the best simply to get you to put money into there business... and then have Linda McMahon run for a political position? Get real.

Oh and Im sure "professional wrestlers" arent constant watching there weight, running miles every day, hours of hard endurance practices full of almost pure calisthenics and repitition of takedowns, pinning combinations, and working top/bottom. Real wrestling is a lifestyle, not a cheesy TV show

Oh and Im sure "professional wrestlers" arent constant watching there weight, running miles every day, hours of hard endurance practices full of almost pure calisthenics and repitition of takedowns, pinning combinations, and working top/bottom. Real wrestling is a lifestyle, not a cheesy TV show
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2013, 01:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Did I Do Dat? is on a distinguished road

I agree
Did I Do Dat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2013, 01:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

David O_Shaughnessy is on a distinguished road

WWE isn't as bad as you make it out to be. Its scripted, yes, but its not entirely fake. They suffer real injuries, and take real risks when they get into that ring. Some of them are actually incredible wrestlers, those such as Daniel Bryan, CM Punk and Jack Swagger, regardless of whether its entertainment or not, these guys could compete in the big leagues anywhere. Their fans are not clueless idiots. I say that from a biased perspective, as I'm one of them, but a lot of them really aren't. The majority of their fans nowadays are children, or people who have been watching it since they were kids, like me. We find it entertaining. The story lines, the characters, the stunts. MILLIONS find it entertaining, but we aren't all idiots.

Its World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT for a reason. To true wrestling fans, they may see it as disrespectful, as it's becoming less and less technical as the years go on. But there are truly talented WRESTLERS in that business, whether you notice them or not. It used to be more wrestling based, but its drifting more and more away from that as the years go by. Just regular 'wrestling' and its real technicality isn't very interesting to the majority. So they have to mix it up a little and add little things here and there to make it more appealing. That's how they got so damn popular, and still are.
David O_Shaughnessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2013, 01:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Jakeking is on a distinguished road

i agree UFC is better not that noob WWE shit Drogon gate is better NJPW s to
Jakeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2013, 01:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Stryder is on a distinguished road

I agree, its why kurt angle brung something good to both WWE and TNA

Thy should change it to something like entertainment wrestling

Some of them do abuse the steroids

But thats whats 'wrestling' has come to

And with it being kicked out of the olympics (for with TNA and poss WWE are fighting to get it reinstated) it looks like ot will be just high school wrestling that will stay true to proper wrestlig
Stryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2013, 01:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Lalo Araz is on a distinguished road

Now. There are mistakes in your answer, for 1st, it takes YEARS of training...Training to do it SAFELY. As in another question, the best answer said: "Sign up and lets hope that one of "fake" wrestlers puts you in hospital,". It is not "fake" it is scriped.I am a HUGE fan of WWE and i am a EXPERT. "FLASHBACK " Mankind gets thrown into announce table by undertaker, and chokeslamed through the hell in a cell. Feels painfull right? Or would you get up 2 seconds later.

Now, moving onto TNA. They are WWE rivals. Why?! TNA stole,yes STOLE some WWE members. Here are some; Jeff Hardy (VERY FAMOUSE), Macho man (VERY FAMOUSE) and Matt Hardy (FAMOUSE). Hope this helped.

P.S: This is JUST info. NO OFFENCE
Lalo Araz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2013, 01:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Lord Disick is on a distinguished road

"entirely fake " hmm , why don't you step in the ring take a bump then post another idiotic question you pompous scum bag.
Lord Disick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2013, 01:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

william is on a distinguished road

because it is wresting but is just scripted. but a lot of pro wrestlers used to wrestle for real in school and even the olympics.
william is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Feb 2013, 01:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Dragon is on a distinguished road

The professional wrestling business isn't all steroid monsters in goofy-@ss costumes acting (poorly) in melodramatic storylines and pretending to wrestle. That's just the WWE. Check elsewhere and you'll find pros who are serious about their art. Being a pro who can make it look as real as the Olympics IS an art and there are a whole bunch of pros who can do that.

And Vince McMahon is well-aware that the "crap" his company does isn't wrestling. He doesn't call it wrestling. He calls it "sports entertainment".
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote