ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Is this what is wrong with TNA?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Feb 2013, 11:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

REAL American is on a distinguished road
Default Is this what is wrong with TNA?

Here is a quote from Bully Ray:"My only goal right now is to become the TNA World Heavyweight Champion. I mean, I know a lot of guys will sit here and say that, but I think it's realistic. You'll get a younger guy say 'oh my goal is to win the World Championship' and I'll be like 'yeah, when? In ten years, gimme a break.' I've come so damn close in 2012, but I think that is a realistic goal that is right at my fingertips. And that's a personal goal, for the company, I'd like the company to move forward, to continue to grow and become more of a household name in the wrestling world."

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...ousehold-name/

I just don't see the logic here, Bully Ray is 41 years old, he is in the best shape of his life but he isn't the future of the business, I don't see how TNA is moving forward if Bully Ray is the Champion, and telling younger guys to wait 10 years, really shouldn't those younger guys be getting more opportunities, while they are in their prime, instead of Bully Ray?

It just seems like a lot of backwards thinking to me, Thanks WS!!!
REAL American is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2013, 11:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

Moe Money is on a distinguished road

Not really.

He was saying how people say they are going to be the champion some day, but they aren't realistic about it, while Bully Ray actually almost won the championship.

Though, Bully Ray is associated with TNA's problem. He should not be a babyface like he is now. He needs to go back to the way he was when he actually acted like a Bully, and if they want to make him a face, then they need to make him a tweener (similar to how Mr. Anderson was when he first turned Sting insane).
Moe Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2013, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

TJanssen411 is on a distinguished road

I don't fault Ray for wanting it now... and yeah he may not be the future... but he could be the NOW... and for as much trouble as TNA has getting over they need to worry Both about NOW and the Future

Ray seems 'old' at 41, mostly because he's been around for so long, and until recently looked Older than he was. you put a picture of him today beside one fo his BuhBuh Ray Days in WWE, and most people would assume the current pic is the 'younger' one

and honestly TNA doesn't have the money or Will to hire talented guys in their Prime... they have the roster they have, and they need to work with that

Yes they have Styles, Storm and Roode but they are all 35... is an energized 41 really any more 'past his prime' than those guys 6 years his junior?

and really I see him talking about the recent hires like Wes Brisco, Garret Bischoff etc who are under 25 who have plenty of time to find their prime
TJanssen411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2013, 11:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Red Rooster is on a distinguished road

I think it's a shame that 40 is considered "old" in the wrestling bussiness these days. Bret Hart was considered to be in his prime in 1997 at around age 40. Look at Chris Benoit, he died at age 40, he was still in his prime.

And what's wrong these days with making a story of the journeyman/long time tag team wrestler winning the big one finally?
Red Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2013, 11:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Gordy is on a distinguished road

Bully Ray is at the edge of his prime still, so he best go for what he wants to accomplish, because he's in his 40s, and the younger guys still have plenty of time to chase after all their goals. 40 isn't considered old, because most guys aren't even grandparents.
Gordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2013, 11:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Brandon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon

No the problem with Tna is they like to carry storylines forever look how long aces an eights been going on and we still don't know a leader it's just getting okd
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote