ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

In his prime, what was is that Hulk Hogan had that made him such a big star?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Jan 2013, 12:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

dollface is on a distinguished road
Default In his prime, what was is that Hulk Hogan had that made him such a big star?

Hulk Hogan probably achieved more stardom than any other wrestler in history. what was it that made him so special?? was it his wrestling ability? was it his personality? charisma? was his wrestling character more unique than everybody else? what was it that made him the biggest star in the history of wrestling???

also, do you think he would have attained the same level of superstardom if he had been only 6'0" or 6'1" and 220 lbs. instead of 6'6" and 300 lbs.????
dollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2013, 12:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Heartbreak Kid

Alexander is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Alexander

He was ripped, he had a ton of charisma, and had the It factor.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2013, 12:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Jobber

HaIpmeh is on a distinguished road

There are a lot of factors that are up for debate as to what exactly made hogan such a big star. At the end of the day, I'd say it comes down to three things. Look, Mic Skills, and Charisma. For one, in the golden era, hogan had the perfect look to be a star in the pro wrestling business. If he didn't have that look, I wouldn't say that he wouldn't have achieved stardom, but there would have been less of a chance. Next, there's his mic skills. Hulk Hogan obviously had extremely good mic skills, which helped him gain numerous fans, I would imagine. Thirdly, his charisma, which is what I believe to be his best talent, comes into play. His ability to get the crowd behind him in almost every conceivable situation was definitely the biggest reason he was a star.

When it all comes down to it, I think there are numerous reasons as to what attributed to Hogan's stardom. However, I'd say his charisma is the biggest factor.
HaIpmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Jan 2013, 01:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

???? ??g?? ????? ????????g g? is on a distinguished road

It was just everything about Hulk Hogan. Everything you mentioned is what made Hulk Hogan a big name. The prayers, the vitamins it all helped show the world what Hulk Hogan was all about. Let me take you back to the year of 1984 brother, you know the Hulk Hogan Era, bodyslamming giants and dropping leg drops and selling out BIG arenas. Madison Square Garden was the house that I built, it was where Hulkamania was born and all the little Hulksters saw what Hulk Hogan was all about. Year after year, Hulkamania grew and by 1990, Hulkamania was in full force! Everyone knew who Hulk Hogan was dude! If you were Hulk Hogan, you couldn't walk down a block on the street without getting the little Hulksters surrounding you with the love and support brother. Decades later Hulk Hogan is still alive, years later Hulkamania is still running wild dude! No matter what, Hulkamania will never die! So whatcha ya gonna do brother, when the 24" pythons and Hulkamania run wild on you!? HH.
???? ??g?? ????? ????????g g? is offline   Reply With Quote