ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Do you have to know how to wrestle in order to be in the WWE?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jan 2013, 11:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

John cena Fan 4 Ever is on a distinguished road
Default Do you have to know how to wrestle in order to be in the WWE?

Like say if someone could'nt wrestle, would Vince Mcmahon let them be in the WWE?
John cena Fan 4 Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 11:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Lonely Child is on a distinguished road

lol! No, but you would get ur @$$ kicked if you tried!
Lonely Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 11:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ha

Ryan is on a distinguished road

You don't have to know how do to ameteur wrestling but you have to be trained in pro "fake" wrestling.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 11:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Young Noob

Leighton is on a distinguished road

I doubt that unless you're going to be a Diva but you could be be an announcer or something.
Leighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 11:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Young Noob

?S|E|S?? (Zmb??SCUM) is on a distinguished road

Ask Dean Ambrose.
?S|E|S?? (Zmb??SCUM) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 11:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Anonymous is on a distinguished road

You NEED to know how to wrestle! You can't just ask Vince McMahon for a contract and not know how to wrestle. Sure, the matches are predestined and some of the moves are fake, but you need to know how to apply those moves.
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2013, 12:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
Heavyweight

__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is on a distinguished road

Anyone wanting to work for WWE as a Wrestler, Manager or Referee is going to be sent through NXT. NXT is WWE's Developmental Wrestling Promotion and the following information is posted on their Web Site:

BECOME AN NXT SUPERSTAR

What level of performer are you?

Beginner

This would describe a person who has never been trained in a legitimate ring by a legitimate trainer. This description means that you are starting from square one, with no legitimate prior experience in sports entertainment. Your in-ring physical conditioning may not be up to WWE standards.

Some Experience

This description can be used for someone who has been trained by a reputable trainer in a legitimate fashion. This description would mean that you have been trained prior to performing in front of an audience, and have some understanding of the basics of in ring fundamentals. Your in-ring physical conditioning and physique may or may not be up to WWE standards. 'Some experience' does NOT include 'backyard wrestling,' or the like.

Advanced

This description would describe a person who has received legitimate training from a reputable trainer, performed for a number of years for respectable companies, and has achieved a level of recognition within the realm of sports entertainment. This more than likely would include performing for top independent promotions around the United States, Mexico, Japan and more. An advanced performer would have a good grasp of fundamentals and psychology, along with in-ring conditioning and a physique that is up to WWE standards.

'If it were easy, everyone would do it.'

Pursuing a career in Sports Entertainment is not an easy road to travel down. The flash, glamour, glitz, fame and celebrity that comes along with being a WWE Superstar is not something one can achieve without a great deal of hard work, focus and determination. The best of the best in WWE keep themselves in top physical and mental condition, maintaining rigorous workouts and meeting their demanding schedules. It is not uncommon for a WWE Superstar to be traveling over 250 days or more a year. There is no off season in Sports Entertainment, and, as such, the performers have to constantly make sure that they are able to devote the necessary attention to their physique and appearance, in addition to the considerable amount of in ring training necessary in order to succeed.

The first step towards becoming a WWE Superstar can be made at Florida Championship Wrestling, but before you consider this as a career path, there are certain questions you must ask yourself:

1.Am I in physical shape and a physical state to endure the difficult training? Can I handle the bumps, bruises and injuries that come with any athletic endeavor?

2.Could my physique be considered on the same standard as a WWE Superstar?

3.Is there something about my look or personality that attracts people to me?

4.If I achieve success, I will be on the road the majority of the year. Is being away from home and family something I can handle?

5.Do I have the athletic ability or come from an athletic background that would allow me to perform that may allow me to perform on par with WWE's standards?

6.Success rarely comes overnight in Sports Entertainment. Years of training often go in to a performer before they receive an opportunity to be looked at. Do I have the patience to learn from my failures and apply what is told to me?

7.Do I have a good attitude? Those in training often receive critiques of their mistakes and how to correct them. Am I willing to listen to honest criticism and accept it?

8.There are no guarantees in Sports Entertainment. Do I truly have passion for this business? Am I willing to sacrifice and tough it out in order to succeed, or do I just want success handed to me?

9.Part of becoming a WWE Superstar starts with respect. Respect for the trainers, the company, and what it takes to make the entire organization run smoothly. If you receive an opportunity to train, you will be asked to help in ways outside of the ring. This may entail helping with promotions, media relations, charity work and more. Am I willing to go the extra mile and earn the respect of my peers and trainers by helping in any capacity necessary?

10.Knowing all of this, do I want to make Sports Entertainment a career choice?

www.fcwwrestling.info
__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2013, 12:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

ak47pro25 is on a distinguished road

You don't have to be a wrestler to be a in a wrestling promotion.

There are other jobs besides a wrestler.

Writers

Producer

Directer

ETC
ak47pro25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2013, 12:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

Spyro is on a distinguished road

Wrestling may not be the primary thing in the WWE, but wrestling does matter. Sure,mic skills,size,maketability,charisma,are more important(By far), but if your very green in the ring- have bad timing,phucking up in your matches,don't know anything about psychology,or hurting people and yourself;your going to get chewed up and spit out. HHH is fanatical about WWE performers keeping others safe in the ring. If your anything,below average; you don't cut it in the WWE. Thats one of the reasons, they WWE sends them back to FCW, so they can hone there skills.
Spyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2013, 12:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

?????? ??????? (semi-retired) is on a distinguished road

No. Just have the look, charisma and good mic skills, and you'll be the World Champion within a year.
?????? ??????? (semi-retired) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2013, 12:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Young Noob

Oscar is on a distinguished road

Everyone on the WWE Roster has at least gone through college wrestling
Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote