ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

How to get a wrestling scholarship with no experience?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jan 2013, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

gregory is on a distinguished road
Default How to get a wrestling scholarship with no experience?

I'm 19 and a one year student at a community college, but I never knew sports scholarships existed. I've done track for 3 years and I've done football for my senior year; both in high school (both I've done surprisingly well in). Although I have experience in these sports, my true desire and passion is in wrestling. I'm 5'9 1/2 and weigh 149 and I can easily get up to 161 with weight training. What I should be asking for is any sports scholarship and I am willing to take any, but wrestling is where I know I excel.

By the way I have wrestled outside of schools with friends that wrestle in high school who're now in college wrestling, learning techniques and staying up to date with rules (R.I.P. backflips). So people like Jeff, I wasn't told by Mommy, I was told by coaches. Plus I never asked for a full scholarship. Any scholarship is necessary, I just want to wrestle. I respect the people with experience, but please respect my wish. I know wrestling is a hard sport, but how is a bird going to fly if it never tried!
gregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 05:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

OmgItzBluffer is on a distinguished road

pro wrestling?ad
OmgItzBluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

Innocent Nabil is on a distinguished road

go to a wreslting school
Innocent Nabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 05:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Abdullah is on a distinguished road

Gee, that's extremely tough!

Well first off you HAVE TOO get bigger and stronger. Then you have to find some AAU team in your area to wrestle for since your not in high school anymore. Colleges look at AAU and you have to compete at big name tournaments where college coaches and recruiters come like Super 32, Beast Of The East, Powerade and Ironman just to name a few. Since your not in high school, it will be tough finding tournaments for you but each state had its own tournament for all age groups for example, I live in Virgina so I would go to Virginawrestling.com and find tournaments like my state tournament called MAWA. You have to do the same and you MUST work hard. You will achieve nothing without hard work. If you do well and you place high in these prestegious tournaments, colleges might just look at you and it also doesn't hurt going to camps. Good Luck and I wish you well
Abdullah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 05:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is on a distinguished road

Why should any College or University offer you a scholarship for "Wrestling" instead of Students that wrestled in High School? If you never knew Sports Scholarships existed, that means you never saw your High School Counselor and never went to His or Her Office and looked at the material offered for Postsecondary Education. It also shows you never went to The School Library or Public Libraries in your Community. Considering that Colleges and Universities are scrabliung for funding. Every State Government that I know has a Budget Deficit and Education is one of the things that gets cut and Non-Revenue Sports are one of the first things that get cut. College Wrestling is not a Sport that Generates a lot of Revenue like College Football College Basketball and College Baseball do. Good luck, you're going to need it.
__Jim Crockett Promotions Fan__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 05:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Jeff is on a distinguished road

You know you excel? How? Did your mommy tell you how good you are, and you can do anything you want?

Go wrestle, nutbag! That's the only way someone will give you anything other than the time of day.
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote