ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Will WWE ever go back to having a single world champion?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jan 2013, 07:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The White Collar Assassin is on a distinguished road
Default Will WWE ever go back to having a single world champion?

Like an undisputed championship for example or even just having either the World or The WWE championship being defended on both brands with the other title being binned? Or would this be too unrealistic?
The White Collar Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 07:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Hollywood Jono is on a distinguished road

It?s possible but the brand extension would have to end to insure that someone who would win the title wouldn?t just jump to their home brand or the opposite brand leaving the other brand without a champion or having to start the process of creating another world championship for their brand all over again. I really can?t see the brand extension ending even though it really doesn?t seem to matter anymore. Smackdown people just show up on Raw whenever they please and vise versa so it isn?t really enforced.
Hollywood Jono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 07:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Mr. Jack is on a distinguished road

I think they should go back to that. The only reason the WHC was introduced was because RAW and Smackdown were two separate shows with separate rosters, and the WHC gave RAW a champion. Now the shows share a roster, so it makes no sense to have two champions.
Mr. Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 07:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
JT
Jobber

JT is on a distinguished road

i hope not. i would rather have seperate champions.

wwe destroyed the diva divison when they made a single title.

and destroyed the tag team diviisons.

so i say no i hope not.
JT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 07:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Jon R is on a distinguished road

I hope so. The roster is too thin to have two world titles. Reason we see so many rematches. Adding cruiserweight title makes sense.
Jon R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2013, 02:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Crossbones is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Will WWE ever go back to having a single world champion?

Raw and Smackdown became separate shows when Rock and Austin, and others, complained about travel and wrestling/appearing on too many days in a week. It's not a problem anymore with Smackdown being recorded on Monday or Tuesday. All of the wrestlers can make an appearance, because they are in the building.
I don't think the WWE needs any more or any less titles. Vince never liked tag teams, so I don't believe he would add another tag team championship. WWE has 2 major titles and 2 lesser titles and there isn't enough talent to have 2 womens titles. Unless they decide to copy off TNA and have the Intercontinental or US champs turn in their belts for a title shot at one of the World titles, those titles are just lesser titles.
If WWE had 1 World title, CM Punk wouldn't still be champ.
Crossbones is offline   Reply With Quote