ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

What were your thoughts on Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant match at WrestleMania III?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Dec 2012, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Alton C is on a distinguished road
Default What were your thoughts on Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant match at WrestleMania III?

It isn't seen as a classic and people list a number of matches for each wrestler that are seen as "better" than that but I really like it. I see some comparisons with the Macho Man Randy Savage vs Ricky The Dragon Steamboat match at WrestleMania III in the sense that it Isn't recognized as an iconic match but it features the biggest names in wrestling. I really like both matches probably for my own reasons and not for the actual matches themselves.

I mean in terms of the WM III match I just loved how Hogan Bodyslammed Andre and Leg Drop.

In this Wrestling Observer Hogan vs. Andre at WrestleMania III is the Worst Worked Match of the Year 1987 and the Match of the Year is Macho Man Randy Savage and Ricky the Dragon Steamboat at WrestleMania III 1987

In Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant at WrestleMania III, this was most important match in WWE History that never forget.
Alton C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2012, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

Blaster is on a distinguished road

That match was more great because of its context. Like the Macho Man vs Steamboat match is a great match even if you have no idea who either guy is but Hulk vs Andre was great because Hulk beating Andre was literally as big as if Undertaker's WM streak ended. If you watch the match without knowing that, then the match seems a lot more lame.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote