ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Does WWE care about Wrestling?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Dec 2012, 06:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Randy Boreton is on a distinguished road
Default Does WWE care about Wrestling?

It looks like they care more about entertaiment
Randy Boreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

RUSSO MANiA is on a distinguished road

The fans don't care about the matches.
RUSSO MANiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 06:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
M M
Fresh Noob

M M is on a distinguished road

The wrestling is done by actors, And WWE likes to make money off airheads that watch this crap
M M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
CR7
Young Noob

CR7 is on a distinguished road

Nope they don't care about the "wrestling" anymore.

That's why the "wrestlers" are called "superstars".

They are called Superstars instead of Wrestlers because the big focus in WWE is on the entertainment part and not the wrestling part. They also don't want to call term wrestlers as they could run into issues because of the fact that the matches are scripted and the outcomes are pre-determined.
CR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 06:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Three O Five MVP is on a distinguished road

They care more about little kids buying action figures and merchandise. They don't care about ratings since they haven't done anything about their low ratings and viewers and buy rates.

They're probably gonna advertise the Easter Bunny in April so all the little kids will watch Cena and the Easter bunny go against ADR and Big Show and have Big Show be pinned by the Easter Bunny.

They have 3 hour raws and most of it is crappy promos , recaps and foolishness instead of giving talented wrestlers like Gabriel and Kidd some TV time.
Three O Five MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 06:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

People Power is dead is on a distinguished road

no! ps are you a girl or boy? you ask a question about how to get sneak into wwe divas locker room then another saying you find cm punk attractive?
People Power is dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 06:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

dirt devil is on a distinguished road

probably to a certain extent, at least enough to keep people watching, without the wrestling part all you have entertainment and WWE is already a male soap opera, so like i said they probably do try to care about it a little bit and try to 'even' things out
dirt devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 06:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Announce Table is on a distinguished road

No they just care about money
The Announce Table is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 06:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

Simon is on a distinguished road

Well Vinces Father said to Vince never to get involved in the wrestling just to produce the shows but Vince decided to become apart of the show with all his storylines in the Attitude Era. So its tough I mean the wwe being vince mcmahon Im not sure I mean he had great wrestlers in the past there such as Angle,Bret Hart etc but Bret Hart was screwed by vince & it leaves you wondering why the boss would do that to arguably his greatest wrestler is it because maybe the boss does'nt infact care about wrestling but moreso about entertainment & pursueing storylines. Well its up to you to make what you want of it but in my opinion I think Vince cares more about entertainment for ratings & used too & still does have some great wrestling matches in the wwe, but I always get the feeling with vince that entertainment & pursueing storylines comes first because I think thats whats made wwe so succesful As the number 1 wrestling company today, the Attitude Era's foundations was built upon week in week out characters & catchprhases & storylines for ratings such as Austin vs the boss McMahon every week but on the flipside of it you had great superstars who were able to get it done in the ring & put on a great show. whereas nowadays it seems like the storylines & entertainment are still first but the in ring talent is not quite there for the storylines to work so the wwe seems like a sinking ship because they're trying to run before they can walk because Vince has lost touch with it I feel. What the wwe needs in my opinion to turn the ship back in the right direction is to cut down on these storylines & go back to basic wrestling matches to showcase the wrestling talent because once you've got that nailed down then storylines can be incorperated to improve the matches like fueds.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 07:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Dragon is on a distinguished road

Triple H does. When he was the calling the shots the smaller guys who can wrestle (like Daniel Bryan) were getting pushed, performers with different wrestling styles (like Sin Cara) were getting signed, and we were seeing longer and better wrestling matches on TV.

Now that Vince is back calling the shots, we're seeing much shorter matches, more squashes, big monsters being pushed, and a whole lot more backstage segments, soap opera storylines, and promos.

When Vince is calling the shots, he pushes characters he can sell T-shirts for, putting them in soap opera storylines and having them "act" and recite pre-written "promos".

When Triple H is calling the shots, we see a whole lot more wrestling and better matches on TV.

Unfortunately Vince is calling the shots again so we're seeing more "acting" and less wrestling.
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 07:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Young Noob

The Best In The World is on a distinguished road

I used to care about Wrestling but now, I just care about the storyline
The Best In The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 07:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Jobber

?S|E|S?? (Zmb?? P??n?ss) is on a distinguished road

Why do you think promotions like ROH, PWG, AAA, CMLL, NJPW, PWX, and CWF Hollywood are not as popular as they deserve to be?

No matter how much we reject the idea, today's fans don't watch WWE for just wrestling. Some may enjoy its small portions on the general program, but overall, most watch for "what will happen next" or "what ___ will have to say". I find it quite hypocritical that we claim to love wrestling yet act like this.

I for one, watch for the wrestling alongside a proper story behind it. CM Punk vs. John Cena in 2011 satisfied me because of both the matches and the build it had. However, when the fans think of CM Punk vs. John Cena, do they think of their match at Money in the Bank or CM Punk's infamous pipebomb? Ask yourself that.

When people start rioting for more wrestling, maybe they'll change. But for now, it seems to me that Vince McMahon is doing one hell of a job.
?S|E|S?? (Zmb?? P??n?ss) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 07:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Best In The World! is on a distinguished road

They just care about storylines, merch sales, and social media.
Best In The World! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 07:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jobber

no name is on a distinguished road

If WWE and Vince McMahon cared about wrestling, they would still call it wrestling and they're performers would be wrestlers instead of "Entertainers".
no name is offline   Reply With Quote