ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Why are they giving AJ this slutty gimmick she has so much potential but yet they keep sticking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Dec 2012, 06:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

justin is on a distinguished road
Default Why are they giving AJ this slutty gimmick she has so much potential but yet they keep sticking

him in these? storylines that she is with a million men and i think its really annoying. I love AJ and i think she deserves to be in the major storylines because she is way over but why in this way??
justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 06:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Nobody is on a distinguished road

Cause thats all women are good for in WWEs eyes and truth be told id rather her be there then GM, she was awful as GM, and when she kept incerting herself into the main event feuds. She really needs to be demoted to Diva jobber. overated..
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 06:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

john is on a distinguished road

She's not a very good wrestler, she was a horrible GM, and she's a whore.
john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 06:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

RUSSO MANiA is on a distinguished road

What top WWE Diva hasn't had the slut gimmick.Million men?John Cena,CM Punk,Daniel Bryan,Kane,and Dolph Zigger,that's only 5.Let's count how many boyfriends Trish Stratus...too many to count.How many boyfriends did Lita Have?exactly AJ is not the only diva in history to have a slut gimmick.
RUSSO MANiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 06:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Announce Table is on a distinguished road

Because the divas division sucks
The Announce Table is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Dec 2012, 07:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Dragon is on a distinguished road

We don't have to look at AJ as a "slut". The WWE's tried pretty hard to portray AJ as having identity/self-esteem problems. Meaning, she gets her sense of self-worth by how others see her. Rather than having self-confidence and the sense that she can make her own way in the world, she picks powerful men in the WWE to give her her sense of value and self-worth. She seems to want to be known as The Champ's girl (it doesn't seem to matter who the Champ is, just that he's the Champ) which would give her some power to compensate for her lack of size. That could be explained by AJ having a very domineering father who didn't allow her to be the person she wants to be, or a father who didn't give her enough nurturing and attention to help her develop her sense of self-worth, or maybe she didn't have a father at home at all and not having a normal set of parents to serve as the example she doesn't know how to "act" with men. That could also explain her temper tantrums when things don't go her way.

She doesn't seem to be a gold-digger or a "slut", just a misguided woman who's looking outside herself for her sense of value and self-worth. And she seems to believe that being "The Champ's girl" will get her the respect she can't seem to get on her own.

That's probably a little too...high-brow for the WWE; they generally don't try to explore anything deeper than what we see on our TV screens. But I don't see AJ as a "slut"; I see her as that misguided woman I explained above. She's come close a couple of times to the epiphany that tries to tell her she doesn't NEED anybody to make her valuable, she has that capability within herself. Eventually, I hope that does happen and it gets played out on TV.
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote