ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Do you agree with Colt Cabana and Adam Pearce in this video talking about the NWA?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Dec 2012, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

RUSSO MANiA is on a distinguished road
Default Do you agree with Colt Cabana and Adam Pearce in this video talking about the NWA?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c-SxzA3dCI

I'm surprised Traditional Championship Wrestling isn't part of the NWA
RUSSO MANiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2012, 05:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Rassling Critic is on a distinguished road

.....nobody wants to see the Attitude Era return. stop living in the past.
The Rassling Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2012, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

????s ??? W???? ????? is on a distinguished road

bullet
????s ??? W???? ????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2012, 05:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Candle (87%) is on a distinguished road

I think it's a pity that the NWA robbed themselves of a future. I find it sad that they built up this presence, this heir, this prestige around Adam Pearce, spent the better part of the past 5 years doing so, only to flush it all away over a grudge with some promoter in Australia. If they didn't want to have the match there, the should have told Pearce no. If Pearce still went ahead and had the match after being told no, then it's Adam and Colt's fault.

Plain and simple, for about 3 years, Cabana and the Scrap Daddy had my attention. They put on matches I would've ranked as best of the year for 3 months running BEFORE 7 Levels, and I can't wait to watch the DVD next year and see 6 of the 7 matches I haven't gotten to see yet. If they would've came to North Carolina, I would've laid down up to 20 bucks if they topped the card. That's the kind of nut, that's the kind of investment, that's the kind of future the NWA squandered over the same old political crap that's always held NWA back.

So in a way, yes, I do agree. Even if all Cabana did for the first half of that promo was regurgitate what Shane Douglas said over 15 years ago. But man, do I wish that wasn't the case. For those who watched Holllywood on KDOC or on the net like I have, you know that NWA had a lot of great talent in that territory. And they squandered it.
Candle (87%) is offline   Reply With Quote