ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Who's the greatest The Great Kabuki VS The Great Muta VS The Great Onita?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Dec 2012, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

RUSSO MANiA is on a distinguished road
Default Who's the greatest The Great Kabuki VS The Great Muta VS The Great Onita?

Who's the greatest The Great Kabuki VS The Great Muta VS The Great Onita?
RUSSO MANiA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2012, 02:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Rassling Critic is on a distinguished road

lol everybody knows that Keiji Muto is the best! Come on really Mr. Muto was a top guy in NWA, All Japan, and New Japan.....one of the VERY few successful Japanese wrestlers to break into North American television. Granted he started out in what 1986 in either World Class in Dallas or in Championship Wrestler of Florida. I mean come on Great Kabuki was just one of the many "ethnic" gimmicks that worked for the Von Erichs.....didn't really do much outside of WCCW. Great Nita was just a "dark" gimmick that Onita did for "big" hardcore or death matches.....it was a parody of Great Muta if anything.

Hell why not bring in Mr. Pogo into the discussion.....he worn face paint too.
The Rassling Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2012, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Dragon is on a distinguished road

Those who've been around long enough (like me) to remember The Great Kabuki will tell you The Great Muta is a ripoff of Kabuki. Ouch, that's kinda harsh. Let's go this way instead. Muta was introduced as the "son of The Great Kabuki" many moons ago. Similar gimmicks, similar wrestling styles, didn't talk. Muta looked and acted like Kabuki's son, even using the various mists that Kabuki used.

But Muta is a better athlete, a better wrestler, bigger stronger faster, than Kabuki. Maybe Muta can be considered Kabuki 2.0? In this case, the "son" did surpass the "father".

Onita was a lot like Mick Foley in his Cactus Jack days. Admittedly, I know less of Onita than of Kabuki and Muta, but Onita is more famous for his FMW Death Matches than anything else, I think. Oh, and giving Terry Funk a run for his money in the "most retirement matches in a career" category.

Basing "the greatest" on skills, talents, value to their promotions, and longevity as a legitimate show-selling draw, The Great Muta is the greatest.
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2012, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

khole12 is on a distinguished road

The Great Kabuki. Muta is a ripoff, he might have emulated him, I think that's what Muta means in Japanese I dunno.
khole12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Dec 2012, 03:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

U think U know Me is on a distinguished road

The 7 Feet,420 Pounds Punjabi Nightmare The Great Khali.
U think U know Me is offline   Reply With Quote