ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

How to I grapple/wrestle with someone bigger than me?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Dec 2012, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Joseph is on a distinguished road
Default How to I grapple/wrestle with someone bigger than me?

I am not on a wrestling team or anything of that sort. I am not trying to actually 'fight' anyone, such as throw punches and kicks like that. During recess my friends and I like to wrestle around a little bit. Nothing serious, only headlocks and takedowns. We aren't trying to literally hurt one another, just wrestling for fun. However, one of the group is a lot bigger and stronger than the rest. He weighs more than pretty much everyone else in the group, but he isn't slow. Don't say something along the lines of 'use your speed to your advantage' because trust me, this guy is fast. Not the fastest, but he isnt slow for his weight. That's the problem. Being Stronger and heavier than everyone makes him the most formidable opponent in the group. I need techniques of pins and takedowns that I can use on this guy because other than that he will dominate the group. Remember, we aren't throwing punches or anything like that, just wrestling. Heck, we barely choke each other in headlocks.
Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2012, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

The Pilot24 is on a distinguished road

the ol "grab sack and pull" works best for me!
The Pilot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2012, 11:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Eli
Fresh Noob

Eli is on a distinguished road

Recess? Lol are you in elementary? Well be smart, 75% of wrestling is mental, once you got the mental game down your size won't matter, use your smaller size as an advantage, mmkay?
Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2012, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

mikey is on a distinguished road

Look up the single leg take down as well as the low single and maybe even the metzger, two fast moves that take away a point of stability from the other guy. You can use some of the more gentle (yet still effective) single leg variations to take down your friend so you don't have to worry about hurting anyone. For the classic go to pins, look up the half, the power half, and the cradle is always fun and effective. Good luck
mikey is offline   Reply With Quote