ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

why do people boo John Cena?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Dec 2012, 02:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

steve is on a distinguished road
Default why do people boo John Cena?

why do people boo John Cena?
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2012, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jobber

matt is on a distinguished road

The WWE started piping in boo's last year and it caught on. There is no good reason to boo a guy who does so much for the community.. if he disappears for a year or so the fans will be crying for his return...happened to the Rock years ago..
matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2012, 03:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Raiden is on a distinguished road

Ok time for my two cents about this. This is a bit of a psychological reaction from the fans who carried over from the attitude era (which is partially why the ones who hate cena love CM Punk. but it is the idea of having someone who "tows the line" as opposed to someone who truly voices their opinion and i think people can tell the difference. There is also the whole "5 moves of doom" thing. People are really getting a late 80's feel from Cena where he uses like 5 moves and just destroys his opponents most of the time (which given that The Rock and SCSA did the same thing, but they did it during an era where their Charisma and mic skills were able to pull them out of that hole) amd i just feel like some of the older fans are a little sick of it and want to see more variety.
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2012, 03:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

laila is on a distinguished road

People say he only has 5 moves, he doesn't sell well, he is to pg and boring etc and only women and kids like him. I can see why they find him boring but I like him and don't really agree that he sucks, he is one of my favs
laila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2012, 03:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Heavyweight

Mark is on a distinguished road

The "5 Moves of Doom" argument isn't valid because every wrestler uses the same moves in almost every match, and it's usually not much more than 6-7. Orton does five to end his matches. Ryback only does 2 to end his matches.

I think Cena gets booed, especially by the older fans, because they realize that his wrestling ability is not good enough to get pushed as the face of the company. There's a very large number of superstars who are much better wrestlers than he is. However, it's no longer all about wrestling ability anymore.
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote