ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

WWE Superstar of the Year award?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19 Dec 2012, 08:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

_???? ????_Ţ? is on a distinguished road
Default WWE Superstar of the Year award?

Okay WWE knew Cena has had an AWFUL YEAR. He hasn't won a title, he hasn't had very good matches, with the exception when Brock beat the crap out of him at Extreme Rules. Superstar of the year? BIGGEST BS WWE has pulled out of the hat since PG crap hit my TV screen. It's belatedly obvious that CM Punk should have got the award. He has held the title for over 390 days + and has defended the title nearly every single PPV this year. He matches have been fantastic and then WWE decides to award Cena the award when he has done jack?

I loved it when the Nature Boy came back, WOOOOOOO!!!!! But when Cena got the reaction from the crowd he handed the award to Ric? When Ric has been in TNA and hasn't performed in the WWE since WM 24? I don't think this was scripted. I think Cena new he had to win the crowd so he handed the award over as a sign of respect and try win over the crowd. But backstage he probably got it back off Ric Flair anyways.

So why was Cena handed the award and not Punk? Was it scripted that Cena gave the award to Ric or just a bail out moment?

Anyone?
_???? ????_Ţ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2012, 08:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

Damien Sandow is on a distinguished road

CM Punk deserved the award.John Cena has had an awful year.CM Punk has won every single PPV Match in 2012.John Cena DID NOT DESERVE THAT AWARD.
Damien Sandow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2012, 08:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Go Kings Go

Mr. Wrestling is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wrestling Send a message via Skype™ to Mr. Wrestling

Well Punk has not been winning his matches on his.

He even miss T.L.C so why hand him the award.

Now the award is Superstar of the year so why not give it to Flair
Mr. Wrestling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2012, 08:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Cydoni Trusste is on a distinguished road

The award was voted for by fans not by the WWE. As much as we older lot may dislike Cena for various reasons unfortunately we're outnumbered by kids that love him. I know I didn't vote for anyone (I don't have an iphone so I can't get the app to vote) and since you believe WWE chose the winner, I'm guessing you didn't vote for Punk either. The Slammy Awards don't mean a thing anyway, there was an award for best kiss, doesn't that prove it?

Yes it was scripted for Cena to hand it to Flair, but by the look of things WWE may not have expected Cena to win it either, since he came out, gave it to Flair and then didn't come back out to stop Punk despite the fact there was an advert break and he would have had to have walked past CM Punk in the Gorilla Position (right behind the curtain).

They obviously had a backup plan just in case anyone but Punk won as shown by what happened on Raw.

I think Cena giving the award to Flair was scripted AS a bail out moment, everything that followed from the figure four on Heyman to the Shield coming out and Team Hell No was scripted, Cena didn't need to be there so he got rid of himself as fast as possible.
Cydoni Trusste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2012, 08:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

laila is on a distinguished road

Yh I agree with you that cm punk deserved the award for superstar of the year he has been awesome all year long, and I did love the rant he had at ric flair on raw he is just plain awesome. most likely kids were voting then obviously cena would win it so its not cena fault that he won the award it's the people who voted for him fault, and the crowd was a little overboard with the boos and cena didn't know how to react so he was just trying to win over the crowd by giving it to flair even though flair hasn't even been in the wwe for years so why should he get the award, he prob thought that would win over the crowd, but it didn't.he should have just given it to cm punk. But it's just the slammys so it's means nothing anyways.
laila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2012, 08:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Samuel Doyle is on a distinguished road

mrwrestling change your name because you ovb know nothing cm punk should of won that award but due to the cena fan boys he won, and flair really lets remind you mr wrestling its superstar of the year and this is fliars first appearance this year ron simmons makes more appearances than him why not give him the reward, ohh i get it, its who come for the shortess time reward! Fucing retarded yeah cm punk jhas won his matches actully he pinned ryback and he pinned cena cm punk has been making cena look better by wrestling him, cm punk makes anyone who he is in the ring with look better thats why he should of won it!
Samuel Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote