ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

The Shield....thoughts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Dec 2012, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Pretty-Mermaid is on a distinguished road
Default The Shield....thoughts?

So I know I am probably late with this but I am really getting annoyed with The Shield. I find it hard to believe that they are not working for C.M.Punk.

And do you guys believe that Ryback will ever get the WWE title from Punk.
Pretty-Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

RKO212 is on a distinguished road

I don't think Ryback will get the title from punk yet.
RKO212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 04:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Mysterion is on a distinguished road

I guarantee they are all working for him. They only attack those who fight Punk. I doubt Ryback will win the title. And unfortunately after their fued is up, Ryback will become a nobody again.
Mysterion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 05:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

slickkittykattwhopurs is on a distinguished road

No not at all, the WWE needs a stable and these guys are talented. If you do not know Dean Ambrose or Seth Rollins, begin to enjoy wrestling again. These guys are the future of wrestling and if WWE works it out right, this can be the makings of something special. Rollins and Ambrose should be rewarded winning multiple titles plus the eventual WWE and World championship. Talent wrestlers like this come few and far between, hopefully WWE doesn't mess up a good thing.
slickkittykattwhopurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 05:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

steve is on a distinguished road

Maybe they're not working for Punk. Maybe Heyman is paying them because deep in his heart (that is if he even has one) he really doesn't believe Punk is the best in world and Punk doesn't know about it.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 05:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
mao
Young Noob

mao is on a distinguished road

Don't like it, they say they're nothing like the nexus but all the signs seem to be pointing at same rebellious antics as the nexus.

And no, Ryback will NOT win the title from CM Punk. Not until after wrestlemania at least.
mao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 05:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

4:20 is on a distinguished road

I think they are working for Heyman not Punk. IMO there one of the only interesting things going on on RAW. I don't think Ryback will win the title from Punk during this reign maybe later next year after the WrestleMania feuds die down.
4:20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 05:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Allu (Ignorance Is Bi-Sexual) is on a distinguished road

While the wrestlers in the stable may be talented, the concept of the group is stale, and we have seen this before. They are nothing more than Nexus 2.0. The problem I have with The Shield is they claim to be a, "shield from injustice", well, after they randomly beat down an opponent, one of the members (Dean Ambrose presumably; seems as if he is the spokesperson for the group) should grab the mic and tell us what "injustice" was done and why they had to correct it, because it's stupid for Michael Cole to sit and explain their actions for them. The problem the WWE will run into (like they did with Nexus) is, it will come to a point where the story line is old, and they have go in another direction. When it was that time for Nexus, they forced Cena into the group against his will. Which was a dumb idea. The Shield has about two-three more weeks before the attacks really become redundant. What does the WWE do with them after that?.
Allu (Ignorance Is Bi-Sexual) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 05:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

GeekzSun is on a distinguished road

HHH needs to come back
GeekzSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2012, 12:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

Crossbones is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Shield....thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allu (Ignorance Is Bi-Sexual) View Post
While the wrestlers in the stable may be talented, the concept of the group is stale, and we have seen this before. They are nothing more than Nexus 2.0. The problem I have with The Shield is they claim to be a, "shield from injustice", well, after they randomly beat down an opponent, one of the members (Dean Ambrose presumably; seems as if he is the spokesperson for the group) should grab the mic and tell us what "injustice" was done and why they had to correct it, because it's stupid for Michael Cole to sit and explain their actions for them. The problem the WWE will run into (like they did with Nexus) is, it will come to a point where the story line is old, and they have go in another direction. When it was that time for Nexus, they forced Cena into the group against his will. Which was a dumb idea. The Shield has about two-three more weeks before the attacks really become redundant. What does the WWE do with them after that?.
They will split them up once they are established, just as they did with the Nexus. Ambrose will stay and Reigns would be repackaged, but any of the three could be sent back to NXT until they find an identity. Vince doens't like tag teams or 3 guys in a group. Yes, it is stupid that Cole or anyone has to tell us why they attacked anyone. The truth is the only reason that will be explained is that it was Heyman protecting Punk. They should have had Punk answer the question of was he behind The Shield, at least to say the answer was there. The Shield could have still attacked Miz and stopped the test. The fact that he didn't answer the question or finish the test, means he failed the lie detector test and Heyman should have to face Ryback on Raw. But that isn't going to happen.
Ryback will never win the title from Punk or win a championship in WWE.
Crossbones is offline   Reply With Quote