ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Does John Cena really deserve all the hate?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Dec 2012, 03:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Yellow Flash is on a distinguished road
Default Does John Cena really deserve all the hate?

Cena made a name for himself in WWE, its not just from him, even Triple H agrees with that (Triple H states that a wrestler who "beats" him at Wrestlemania deserves to make a name for himself in the business). The only two main reason you hear form a 'Cena Hater' for hating him are 1) His gimmick 2) Hogging the spotlight. Others include the "5 moves of doom" reason and other bits and pieces that make Cena "hateable" to the masses. But does Cena really deserve this? He does so much outside his profession, yet day and night gets bashed for his repetitive nature in the gimmick, the "superhero" gimmick.

Look at The Undertaker, his gimmick barely changed for years, his moves are ALSO limited to a few (Snake Eyes, bigboot etc.) and if I were to say ONE superstar that comes closest to Cena in WWE (Kayfabe wise) would be Taker, both came from a different gimmick (Taker form American Bada$$ and Cena from The Chain Gang gimmick), both have a submission as a finisher and yes, I would even say that BOTH hogged the spotlight for a LONG time, yet look at how WWE perceives them, Undertaker and John Cena and night and day apart.

So does John really deserve the negative feedback from the fans? Please explain.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 03:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

OmgItzBluffer is on a distinguished road

Many people have said he's an asshole and a jerk backstage.

There's a reason Alex Riley hasn't been on TV in a year.
OmgItzBluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Mysterion is on a distinguished road

I never actually realized he's that much like Undertaker. Good point though, and very true though. And I agree, he is a great wrestler. He desserves better than he gets.
Mysterion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

laila is on a distinguished road

No people are jealous of him
laila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 04:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cruiserweight

The Announce Table is on a distinguished road

No
The Announce Table is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 04:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

German is on a distinguished road

Well Cena isnt good at putting anyone over. He also has created a lot of beefs with former WWE talent (Kenny Dykstra, Carlito, among others)

Plus he often will make himself look good when he shouldn't. One great example was at Extreme Rules against Brock Lesnar. Cena, after he won, was supposed to be stretchered out of the building. That was how it was scripted. Instead of that happening, Cena got up, did a promo, and walked off like he didn't get the beating of his life. Reportedly, Lesnar blew up in the lockeroom after that happened. Cena disregarded the script (even though he has the "power" to do so) and made himself look good.

The majority of casual fans and a few marks hate him for his gimmick, lame jokes, etc. But a wise minority dislike him for his backstage b.s. and bullying of lower card wrestlers (Alex Riley) and inability of put others over well.

Plus there is also the hypocrisy that is the WWE with anti-bullying and Cena is the mascot for that. How can you promote anti-bullying when months ago, the WWE had Cena vs. Michael Cole. In which, Cena embarrassed and humiliated Cole for a pretty long duration. That segment went too far if u ask me.

I can't tell if you're Cena fan or just someone who doesn't mind him being in wrestling. But I'm fairly sure that u might not have been aware of some of the stuff I just mentioned. So keep those things in mind. Sorry for the long answer btw.
German is offline   Reply With Quote