ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

People over 20 why do you still watch WWE shows?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Dec 2012, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jobber

Paul Hardie is on a distinguished road
Default People over 20 why do you still watch WWE shows?

I'm 31 and I've no idea why i bother with it, its obviously not aimed at us anymore

Who could forget the Muppets and The 3 Stooges on Raw, weren't they brilliant shows!!

Or when R-truth lost what could have been an interesting gimmick/push because all of the kiddies decided that they were "little Jimmies" and WWE decided to cash in on merchandise.

The shows, and wrestlers seem to have a cartoonish feel about them, I'm not sure if I'm just overly fond of the attitude era, and unfairly comparing those days to the current stuff WWE produces.

Am i wrong, or do you feel the same?

Why do you still watch every week?
Paul Hardie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 02:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Gordon Gekko is on a distinguished road

I'm 20 and I'll watch it every now and then. The actual wrestling I don't really like (unless it's Sin Cara or another intense high-flyer); the real entertainment is the promos and trash-talking that goes on.
Gordon Gekko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 02:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Young Noob

Will is on a distinguished road

I ask myself the same question. I am 23 now and have been watching wrestling since I was 7. I guess the only reason I watch is because it takes me back to then when it was "real" to me. Way too predictable now. I guess we watch and hope that the Attitude era will come back or at least something similar to it instead of John Cena being shoved down our throats.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 02:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

????s is on a distinguished road

I am 14, so I do not have the maturity to understand people over 20 liking wwe, but I like PG the best not because I was around for only that, I can assure you I watched wwe from 2000 onwards to I understand what goes on, I like PG because of the storylines, to me, WWE is not about blood or swearing, its about the storylines and the types of matches, I like them, I LOOOVED it in 2006 too
????s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 02:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Just ified Bobby is on a distinguished road

Because it belongs to us "We're the one's who made you" We watch out of habit and love for the SPORT even though its not as great as it use to be when you have a passion like this I want to be around it until I die even if I half to be a janitor in the arena scraping gum off of seats. One day we will get it back the way we want it.

I guess you just don't understand how passionate I or the other hardcore fans of the old days are about it.
Just ified Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 02:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Fecal Tornado is on a distinguished road

I still know some 40 year olds living in their parents basement that still love Wrestling.
Fecal Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 02:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Pretty-Mermaid is on a distinguished road

Well I'm 19 and I watch it now and again, but i lost interest in it when I turned 16. The most I watch of wrestling these days, is like and hour or so. Now that it's 3hrs, I find it very hard to watch a whole episode
Pretty-Mermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 03:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Mysterion is on a distinguished road

I'm 20 now and I've been watching wrestling my whole life. I haven't missed a RAW since 06. And lately like you, every single week I tell myself I'm not going to watch next weeks because it's so lame. It's the same every week. Although last week I did tell myself the way RAW ended was just how it used to be in the early 2000's. Throwing some tables and weapons, backstage fights (even though that didn't happen), would make things so much better. The show becomes repetitive with no big RAW moments anymore.
Mysterion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 03:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Jobber

T.K 2012 is on a distinguished road

I'm 26 years old. Never missed a single episode of Smackdown or Raw since I've been alive.

WWE in my household is a tradition. I was brought up watching it and my kids will be too it's the way it is. I could say and ask why do you watch movies and T.V shows?!

Wrestling is alot more realistic than movies and most T.V shows these days.

Wrestlers get real injuries and deserve alot more credit for what they do for us fans.

Fans are young and old. I'm not a parent yet and alot of people watch it for entertainment like myself and my family.

I've seen elderly people over here in UK and they make a special effort to see the live shows here. It's amazing how elderly people love it too. Amazing, wrestling is for people of all ages worldwide!
T.K 2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 03:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jobber

Dragonmistress is on a distinguished road

I am female, over the age of 50 and I watch cus maybe, just maybe they will actually give me something to watch.

I will watch when they give me someone to watch. Right now, no Triple H, no Batista. Not interested in Brock Lesnar. When the Rock comes back there will be a reason to watch.
Dragonmistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 03:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Jobber

The Codebreaker is on a distinguished road

Whenever I get home from work and there's an NFL game I don't feel like viewing, then I choose WWE (Worst Wrestling Era). I watched WWF constantly from 1996-2007. The company has sucked for five years. 2007 was way better than these past few years.
The Codebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 03:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Noah is on a distinguished road

In hopes that the phenom will rise again
Noah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2012, 03:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

TheMagic_NRG is on a distinguished road

im 18, i stopped watching wwe once john morrison left, he was the last hope for me, i cant stand cena, santino, hornswoggle, ryder etc, they are so annoying... i still play the games though...

---- ALSO i do watch wwe a few times a year, like wrestlemania/royal rumble etc
TheMagic_NRG is offline   Reply With Quote