ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Should the FCC be blamed for the wwe pg 13 era?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Dec 2012, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Young Noob

Charles is on a distinguished road
Default Should the FCC be blamed for the wwe pg 13 era?

I realised that it sucks to have to watch a kid friendly wrestling program but everytime i watch wwe now days its gets more kiddie each week its like im watch sesame street or something tna hasnt go to that level yet but WWE has gone thro the fire in this was it after the chris benoit incedent that wwe went pg 13 cause many say during the who's an Vince McMahon's Illegitimate Son story but it was the debut in a odd way of the pg era and during On June 11, 2007 when the story who killed vince began the fcc looked down upoun vince after 2weeks later Chris Benoit was hurd around the world and that where i think it was the FCC and usa network drew the line and said either make it family friendly are we shut er down and during that time linda was and is currently running for senate but my question folks is when will wwe get rid of the and go back to its old ways
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2012, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

shadowtiger is on a distinguished road

watch tna
shadowtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2012, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Rassling Critic is on a distinguished road

Are you seriously blaming JC Ice and Wolfie D as the reason why the FCC decided to censor television? Jamie Dundee was born into the business from the legendary Memphis area where the old ways remained until the late 90's. But even then I can't see how a few months in WWE forced the government to walk in and force changes....I mean come on Jamie Dundee is not Howard Stern level obscene.
The Rassling Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2012, 08:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Moe Money is on a distinguished road

The FCC had little to nothing to do with it. The WWE didn't want to do all the crazy things it used to anymore because of Chris Benoit's death and everyone questioning how much the WWE actually cared for it's wrestlers, so it stopped having all the hardcore matches and created the Wellness Program. By 2009, since the WWE knew it could no longer live off of the hype of the old days, they changed their demographics from young adults to family friendly entertainment (mostly PG things, I would barely call it PG-13).

In a nutshell, Chris Benoit's death and the creation of the Wellness program are the largest factors. Linda McMahon isn't liable for anything (she's actually trying to get away from wrestling) and WWE's creative team is just losing it's touch, but none of these reasons are as much of a factor as Benoit's death (similar to how the Attitude Era kicked off when WCW posed a legitimate threat back in the day).

It was mostly a "change the product so wrestlers are safe" ordeal versus "turn the product child friendly so we can get more money", the latter of which kicked off in 2011 when the WWE went social media crazy.
Moe Money is offline   Reply With Quote