ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum

Go Back   ProWrestling Fans WWE TNA Forum > Wrestling > General Wrestling

General Wrestling Any non-WWE/TNA wrestling discussion goes in here. This includes wrestling history.

Which sport is toughr: Wrestling or Rugby?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Dec 2012, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Evolution is Fact is on a distinguished road
Default Which sport is toughr: Wrestling or Rugby?

Rock said he thought Rugby was tougher and ore dangerous but is it?

Am only calling wrestling a sport cus i have called rugby a sport
Evolution is Fact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2012, 02:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Young Noob

amber is on a distinguished road

I have played rugby. It is indeed very rough. I have never wrestled though. But my vote is rugby. Inside of just grabbing and doing moves on a mat, you are running and smashing into other people from a great distance with no protections other than a mouth guard. Hope this helped
amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2012, 02:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Fecal Tornado is on a distinguished road

First of all Wrestling isn't a sport it's more of a performance unless your talking about Olympic Wrestling. Not one wrestler would stand a chance against a Rugby player and they know it, besides they don't use steroids in Rugby.
Fecal Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2012, 02:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jobber

Edgecator LC is on a distinguished road

Wrestling. One wrong botched move and you could be dead. You're wrestling matches EVERYDAY too. You gotta be tough as hell to do what they do.

Rugby is tough too, but it's only concussions and broken bones.
Edgecator LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2012, 02:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jobber

Candle (87%) is on a distinguished road

Rugby most definitely. No pads, no rules, curb stomps aplenty. Rugby is what Football should be. And that's coming from an American, by the way. It's brutal. It's like if you mixed the brutality of hockey, the athleticism of soccer, and the rules of american football and then took away any safety precaution possible.

I love wrestling, watch it more than I ever have Rugby (probably sat through 2 games in my 27 years on this earth), but rugby is brutal.
Candle (87%) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2012, 02:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jobber

Rion Nolley is on a distinguished road

I've never wrestled but I played Rugby In high school. It is one of the most physically demanding sports out there. A few team mates of mine broke a bone or two and you can get seriously injured in that game. Wrestling is grappling and take downs. In its own right wrestling is also a tough sport but it doesn't compare when you are running full speed into the opposing team.
Rion Nolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2012, 02:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Young Noob

Storage box #9 is on a distinguished road

Considering that in Wrestling they practise the match to a script together for weeks before they go into a ring. I'd say Rugby is much tougher for that matter so is Hockey, American football and almost any other sport where you need skill and endurance. Wrestling is more of a stage show than a sport. Most of us know that and try not to compare it to any sport.
Storage box #9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2012, 03:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jobber

JOnathan is on a distinguished road

I think WWE because they kick in the face and do the RKO!
JOnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2012, 03:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Rassling Critic is on a distinguished road

OY foreigner don't you know this is the American wrestling section? nobody cares about Rugby or knows what it is. This is as stupid as claiming that Cricket is a sport or that Curling is more than janitors pushing trash with a broom on ice.

Soccer is a sissy game where players trip on their own feet then over react like they broke their ankles....Rugby is one step above that.....why do they wear wrestling headgear? Let the Aussies, Hobbits, Africans play that game....Robert Griffin III plays real football.

and for the love of god we do not need JBL yell at Lawler or Cole about the ALL BLACKS on PPV ever again.
The Rassling Critic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2012, 03:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Young Noob

_???? ????_Ţ? is on a distinguished road

I played a Rugby game last Thursday and I have screwed up my wrist so bad it hurts to write! Rugby is no joke. The refs are useless and always biased towards the other team. They do a high tackle or score a try in the bottom corner when they are blatantly out is retarded and frustrating.

After every rugby match I'm sooo tired...I literally just fall asleep as soon as I walk in the door.
_???? ????_Ţ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2012, 03:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

KOP CAT is on a distinguished road

Rugby that's a real mans sport. Wrestling is not a sport its a bunch of clowns dancing around pretending to be hurt..its all an act..steroid taking show offs.
KOP CAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2012, 03:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Heavyweight

The Dragon is on a distinguished road

Rugby ain't "scripted". It's basically legalized back alley street fights by guys who don't care what they look like.

Wrestling (especially the WWE) is pretend fighting by a bunch of pretty boy Hollywood actor wannabes. Injuries do occur but they are almost always accidents.

No comparison. Rugby is legalized unarmed combat. Wrestling is pretend fighting. Rugby players are too rough and undisciplined for wrestling. Wrestlers couldn't take the real combat in a rugby match.
The Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2012, 03:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Fresh Noob

Yellow Flash is on a distinguished road

Rugby is way more tougher wwe is a joke compared to it.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2012, 03:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Jobber

daniel is on a distinguished road

Rugby. Some of these people are stupid, broken noses is the least of your worries in rugby, I've saw players get air ambulanced off because neck injurys that almost crippled them.
daniel is offline   Reply With Quote